* cmd_sb_occ_show doesn't call dl_put_opts
@ 2022-08-05 20:18 Jacob Keller
From: Jacob Keller @ 2022-08-05 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Pirko, netdev

Hey Jiri,

I noticed while looking at implementing policy checking support in
devlink that the cmd_sb_occ_show calls dl_argv_parse but then doesn't
call dl_put_opts, so it doesn't seem to be sending any of the attributes
down to the kernel.

I am guessing this is not done on purpose, and is just an oversight,
caused by needing to send two different netlink messages.

It looks like the code could use a dl_argc check to determine whether to
use NLM_F_DUMP and call dl_put_opts to ensure the netlink attributes get
added..?

Thanks,
Jake

* Re: cmd_sb_occ_show doesn't call dl_put_opts
@ 2022-08-08  7:16 ` Jiri Pirko
From: Jiri Pirko @ 2022-08-08  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacob Keller; +Cc: Jiri Pirko, netdev

Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 10:18:22PM CEST, jacob.e.keller@intel.com wrote:
>Hey Jiri,
>
>I noticed while looking at implementing policy checking support in
>devlink that the cmd_sb_occ_show calls dl_argv_parse but then doesn't
>call dl_put_opts, so it doesn't seem to be sending any of the attributes
>down to the kernel.
>
>I am guessing this is not done on purpose, and is just an oversight,
>caused by needing to send two different netlink messages.
>
>It looks like the code could use a dl_argc check to determine whether to
>use NLM_F_DUMP and call dl_put_opts to ensure the netlink attributes get
>added..?

Correct. Currently we are doing dump all the time. Should be fixed.