* Status of luminous v12.2.1 QE validation
@ 2017-09-19 20:10 Yuri Weinstein
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-09-19 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly, Abhishek Lekshmanan, Development, Ceph,
	Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com,
	Durgin, Josh, Nathan Cutler, Zheng Yan, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer,
	Ken, Ilya Dryomov

Details of this release summarized here
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21296#note-18

The following suites included:

rados
rgw
rbd
fs
krbd
kceph
knfs
rest
hadoop - EXCLUDED
samba - EXCLUDED
ceph-deploy
ceph-disk
upgrade/client-upgrade
upgrade/jewel-x (luminous)
upgrade/kraken-x (luminous)
upgrade/luminous-x (master)
powercycle
ceph-ansible
(please speak up if something is missing)

Issues:

rados.rbd
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21428 (assume is a `must` to be backported)

fs
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21381 - known
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20910 - known
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20736 - known

kcephfs - needs analysis - Patrick, Zheng FYI

knfs
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21424

rest
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21425

ceph-ansible related - per Vasu ceph-asible pass on master, PRs are to
be backported:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17757
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/issues/1834

RHEL 7.4 related PRs need to backported:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17776
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17796
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17777

Not all tests were completed yet.

I suggest to consider the list for fixing/backporting and then rerun
all suites on a new sha1.

Thx
YuriW

* Re: Status of luminous v12.2.1 QE validation
@ 2017-09-19 20:19 ` Nathan Cutler
From: Nathan Cutler @ 2017-09-19 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein, Patrick Donnelly, Abhishek Lekshmanan,
	Development, Ceph, Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray,
	gmeno@redhat.com, Durgin, Josh, Zheng Yan, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer,
	Ken, Ilya Dryomov

Hi Yuri:

Luminous backport PR is open: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17779

> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17796

The PR you mentioned (17796) is the luminous backport PR for
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17795 (the latter will presumably be
merged into master in short order).

> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17777

Luminous backport PR is open: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17816

Hope this helps.

Nathan

* Re: Status of luminous v12.2.1 QE validation
@ 2017-09-19 20:35   ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-09-19 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Cutler
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Abhishek Lekshmanan, Development, Ceph,
	Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com,
	Durgin, Josh, Zheng Yan, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken,
	Ilya Dryomov

Sure does, thx Nathan :)

@ 2017-09-19 20:45 ` Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2017-09-19 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Development, Ceph, Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub,
	Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com, Durgin, Josh,
	Nathan Cutler, Zheng Yan, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken,
	Ilya Dryomov, Matt Benjamin

On 2017-09-19 22:10, Yuri Weinstein wrote:
> Details of this release summarized here
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21296#note-18
>
> The following suites included:
>
> rados
> rgw
> rbd
> fs
> krbd
> kceph
> knfs
> rest
> hadoop - EXCLUDED
> samba - EXCLUDED
> ceph-deploy
> ceph-disk
> upgrade/client-upgrade
> upgrade/jewel-x (luminous)
> upgrade/kraken-x (luminous)
> upgrade/luminous-x (master)
> powercycle
> ceph-ansible
> (please speak up if something is missing)
>
> Issues:
>
> rados.rbd
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21428 (assume is a `must` to be
> backported)
>
> fs
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21381 - known
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20910 - known
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20736 - known
>
> kcephfs - needs analysis - Patrick, Zheng FYI
> knfs
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21424
>
> rest
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21425
>
> ceph-ansible related - per Vasu ceph-asible pass on master, PRs are to
> be backported:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17757
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/issues/1834

This also probably can wait, but if we are going to do a rebuild we can
add this to the queue
> RHEL 7.4 related PRs need to backported:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17776
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17796
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17777

For the RADOS PR, which I'll defer to Sage/Josh to take a call,
the RGW hadoop s3 suite doesn't probably warrant a rebuild + rerun on
its own. (Yehuda/Matt thoughts?)

@ 2017-09-19 21:11 ` Patrick Donnelly
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2017-09-19 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein
  Cc: Abhishek Lekshmanan, Development, Ceph, Sage Weil,

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com> wrote:
> kcephfs - needs analysis - Patrick, Zheng FYI

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21463
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21462
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21466
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21467
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21468

Last 3 look like blockers. Zheng will have more input.

--
Patrick Donnelly

* Re: Status of luminous v12.2.1 QE validation
@ 2017-09-19 23:54   ` Josh Durgin
From: Josh Durgin @ 2017-09-19 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek, Yuri Weinstein
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Development, Ceph, Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub,
	Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com, Nathan Cutler, Zheng Yan,
	Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken, Ilya Dryomov, Matt Benjamin

On 09/19/2017 01:45 PM, Abhishek wrote:
> On 2017-09-19 22:10, Yuri Weinstein wrote:
>> Details of this release summarized here
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21296#note-18
>>
>> The following suites included:
>>
>> rados
>> rgw
>> rbd
>> fs
>> krbd
>> kceph
>> knfs
>> rest
>> hadoop - EXCLUDED
>> samba - EXCLUDED
>> ceph-deploy
>> ceph-disk
>> upgrade/client-upgrade
>> upgrade/jewel-x (luminous)
>> upgrade/kraken-x (luminous)
>> upgrade/luminous-x (master)
>> powercycle
>> ceph-ansible
>> (please speak up if something is missing)
>>
>> Issues:
>>
>> rados.rbd
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21428 (assume is a `must` to be
>> backported)
>>
>> fs
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21381 - known
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20910 - known
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20736 - known
>>
>> kcephfs - needs analysis - Patrick, Zheng FYI
>> knfs
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21424
>>
>> rest
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21425
>>
>> ceph-ansible related - per Vasu ceph-asible pass on master, PRs are to
>> be backported:
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17757
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/issues/1834
>
> This also probably can wait, but if we are going to do a rebuild we can
> add this to the queue
>> RHEL 7.4 related PRs need to backported:
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17776
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17796
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17777
>
> For the RADOS PR, which I'll defer to Sage/Josh to take a call,

This one got through testing today, with runs almost entirely devoid of
noise. If there are odd hangs in other suites that may have been caused
by this, you may want to try re-running. rados and rbd suites look good
at this point though.

* Re: Status of luminous v12.2.1 QE validation
@ 2017-09-24 14:03   ` Abhishek
       [not found]     ` <027e6d17-fb8b-1856-bb13-c5c0e9d361da@redhat.com>
From: Abhishek @ 2017-09-24 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly
  Cc: Yuri Weinstein, Development, Ceph, Sage Weil, Sadeh-Weinraub,

On 2017-09-19 23:11, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>> kcephfs - needs analysis - Patrick, Zheng FYI
>
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21463
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21462
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21466
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21467
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21468
>
> Last 3 look like blockers. Zheng will have more input.

Here are the results of a rerun with -k testing,
http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-09-22_19:35:04-kcephfs-luminous-testing-basic-smithi/
& details http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21296#note-20
There are a few failures which look environmental but a few look like
they are related to the changeset (the ones with cache)

Best,
Abhishek

@ 2017-09-25  9:43       ` Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2017-09-25  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yan, Zheng
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Yuri Weinstein, Development, Ceph, Sage Weil,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com, Durgin,
	Josh, Nathan Cutler, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken, Ilya Dryomov

On 2017-09-25 03:08, Yan, Zheng wrote:
> On 2017/9/24 22:03, Abhishek wrote:
>> On 2017-09-19 23:11, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
>>>
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21463
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21462
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21466
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21467
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21468
>>>
>>> Last 3 look like blockers. Zheng will have more input.
>>
>> Here are the results of a rerun with -k testing,
>> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-09-22_19:35:04-kcephfs-luminous-testing-basic-smithi/
>> & details http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21296#note-20
>> There are a few failures which look environmental but a few look like
>> they are related to the changeset (the ones with cache)
>>
> "MDS cache is too large" issue should be fixed by
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17922

Ah alright this is a qa suite fix, we can run a the suite with a qa
suite argument just to be sure.

Are there any other cephfs patches that needs to go in to the luminous
brancha as such? I believe we would want the qe suites after the RADOS
PR went in (https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17796)

Sage, Josh, Yehuda, Patrick
Is there anything else that needs to go in before we start a second
round?

@ 2017-09-25  9:55         ` Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2017-09-25  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yan, Zheng
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Yuri Weinstein, Development, Ceph, Sage Weil,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com, Durgin,
	Josh, Nathan Cutler, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken, Ilya Dryomov,
	ceph-devel-owner

On 2017-09-25 11:43, Abhishek wrote:
> On 2017-09-25 03:08, Yan, Zheng wrote:

>>> Here are the results of a rerun with -k testing,
>>> http://pulpito.ceph.com/abhi-2017-09-22_19:35:04-kcephfs-luminous-testing-basic-smithi/
>>> & details http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21296#note-20
>>> There are a few failures which look environmental but a few look like
>>> they are related to the changeset (the ones with cache)
>>>
>> "MDS cache is too large" issue should be fixed by
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17922
> Ah alright this is a qa suite fix, we can run a the suite with a qa
> suite argument just to be sure.

alternatively we can just merge this in luminous branch and this gets
tested in the final qe run anyway, since we may have to do that since
there are some rados and cephfs changes?

@ 2017-09-25 17:28           ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2017-09-25 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: Yan, Zheng, Patrick Donnelly, Yuri Weinstein, Development, Ceph,

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Abhishek wrote:
> On 2017-09-25 11:43, Abhishek wrote:

> > > "MDS cache is too large" issue should be fixed by
> > > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17922
> > Ah alright this is a qa suite fix, we can run a the suite with a qa
> > suite argument just to be sure.
>
> alternatively we can just merge this in luminous branch and this gets tested
> in the final qe run anyway, since we may have to do that since there are some
> rados and cephfs changes?

Yes, let's do that.

I think all of the other blockers are resolved now?

sage

@ 2017-09-25 17:31             ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-09-25 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil
  Cc: Abhishek, Yan, Zheng, Patrick Donnelly, Development, Ceph,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com, Durgin,
	Josh, Nathan Cutler, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken, Ilya Dryomov,
	ceph-devel-owner

Do we do 2d round of QE validation ?

@ 2017-09-25 17:33             ` Patrick Donnelly
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2017-09-25 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil
  Cc: Abhishek, Yan, Zheng, Yuri Weinstein, Development, Ceph,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com, Durgin,
	Josh, Nathan Cutler, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken, Ilya Dryomov,
	ceph-devel-owner

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Abhishek wrote:

>> > Ah alright this is a qa suite fix, we can run a the suite with a qa
>> > suite argument just to be sure.
>>
>> alternatively we can just merge this in luminous branch and this gets tested
>> in the final qe run anyway, since we may have to do that since there are some
>> rados and cephfs changes?
>
> Yes, let's do that.
>
> I think all of the other blockers are resolved now?

These whitelist QA fixes would be good to merge to silence spurious
failures for QE:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17945
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17821

Otherwise CephFS looks good to go.

--
Patrick Donnelly

* Re: Status of luminous v12.2.1 QE validation
@ 2017-09-26  6:20               ` Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2017-09-26  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Donnelly
  Cc: Sage Weil, Yan, Zheng, Yuri Weinstein, Development, Ceph,

On 2017-09-25 19:33, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> alternatively we can just merge this in luminous branch and this gets
>>> tested
>>> in the final qe run anyway, since we may have to do that since there
>>> are some
>>> rados and cephfs changes?
>>
>> Yes, let's do that.
>>
>> I think all of the other blockers are resolved now?
>
> These whitelist QA fixes would be good to merge to silence spurious
> failures for QE:
>
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17945
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17821

About QE validation, my vote is to just go through cephfs & rados suites
as we have a rados and a few (mostly qe related) cephfs prs that went
in.

Sage/Yuri/Patrick thoughts?

@ 2017-09-26 15:56                 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2017-09-26 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Yan, Zheng, Yuri Weinstein, Development, Ceph,

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017, Abhishek wrote:
> On 2017-09-25 19:33, Patrick Donnelly wrote:

> > > Yes, let's do that.
> > >
> > > I think all of the other blockers are resolved now?
> >
> > These whitelist QA fixes would be good to merge to silence spurious
> > failures for QE:
> >
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17945
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17821
>
> About QE validation, my vote is to just go through cephfs & rados suites as we
> have a rados and a few (mostly qe related) cephfs prs that went in.
>
> Sage/Yuri/Patrick thoughts?

Yuri scheduled them last night and they look good (rados was all green :).

I think we're good to go!
sage

* Re: Status of luminous v12.2.1 QE validation
@ 2017-09-26 16:05                 ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-09-26 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: Patrick Donnelly, Sage Weil, Yan, Zheng, Development, Ceph,
	Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, John Spray, gmeno@redhat.com, Durgin,
	Josh, Nathan Cutler, Vasu Kulkarni, Dreyer, Ken, Ilya Dryomov,
	ceph-devel-owner

Those suite are already done and look good.
fs and kcephfs were reviewed and approved by Patrick.