* Yocto SDK & Toolchain Deploy Issue
@ 2018-05-22  4:23 techi eth
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: techi eth @ 2018-05-22  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, yocto-builds

I would like to use SDK’s & tool chain generated from Yocto to some other
PC. I see following difficulty while using.

1)      Path in *environment-setup-cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi* is
hard code. Is it possible to have that is configurable.

2)      If I change path in *environment-setup-cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-
gnueabi script *than also it raise error while recognizing compiler*.*

Please let me know hint for using tool chain generated from one machine to
other machine at any path.

* Re: Yocto SDK & Toolchain Deploy Issue
@ 2018-05-22 12:27 ` techi eth
From: techi eth @ 2018-05-22 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, yocto-builds

Can anyone give me hint on above point. I think it will be something basic
while populating SDK's.
Please let  me know if any information needed.

Thanks

@ 2018-05-22 14:05   ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2018-05-22 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: techi eth, yocto

On 05/22/2018 03:27 PM, techi eth wrote:
> Can anyone give me hint on above point. I think it will be something
> basic while populating SDK's.
> Please let  me know if any information needed.

Can I give you a tip? Introduce yourself properly. What is your name,
what company you work for, and what is the product. Also, have a bit of
patience. Asking the same questions hours after the first time makes it
less likely someone will respond, not more.

Alex

* Re: Yocto SDK & Toolchain Deploy Issue
@ 2018-05-22 18:13 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2018-05-22 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: techi eth; +Cc: yocto-builds, Yocto Project

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:23 AM, techi eth <techieth@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to use SDK’s & tool chain generated from Yocto to some other
> PC. I see following difficulty while using.
>

> 1)      Path in environment-setup-cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi is
> hard code. Is it possible to have that is configurable.
>
> 2)      If I change path in
> environment-setup-cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux- gnueabi script than also
> it raise error while recognizing compiler.
>

> Please let me know hint for using tool chain generated from one machine to
> other machine at any path.

I dont think these are reasonable ways of using SDK. The env script is provided
so you can have an environment to use the SDK correctly. I would recommend
that you look into the problem differently where you adopt the app framework
to use the environment given by SDK

* Re: Yocto SDK & Toolchain Deploy Issue
@ 2018-05-23  1:08 ` Anuj Mittal
From: Anuj Mittal @ 2018-05-23  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: techi eth, yocto

On 05/22/2018 12:23 PM, techi eth wrote:
> I would like to use SDK’s & tool chain generated from Yocto to some
> other PC. I see following difficulty while using.
>

> 1)      Path
> in *environment-setup-cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi* is hard
> code. Is it possible to have that is configurable.

You will have to install the SDK using the sh file that is generated on
that other machine that you're planning to use.

Please see this and the sections around it:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#sdk-installing-the-sdk

If this doesn't answer your question, then as Alex mentioned, please
include more details on what you are doing and the steps.

* Yocto SDK & toolchain deploy issue
@ 2018-05-21  9:15 techi eth
From: techi eth @ 2018-05-21  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto