* hooks/post-update execs git-update-server-info
@ 2008-12-15 16:18 Sitaram Chamarty
From: Sitaram Chamarty @ 2008-12-15 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

shouldn't .git/hooks/post-update contain "exec git
update-server-info" (note the space not hyphen) instead of
"exec git-update-server-info"?

Either I am horribly confused or HTTP pulls have not been
working on post 1.6 gits and no one has noticed till now :-)

* Re: hooks/post-update execs git-update-server-info
@ 2008-12-15 17:06 ` Jakub Narebski
From: Jakub Narebski @ 2008-12-15 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sitaram Chamarty; +Cc: git

Sitaram Chamarty <sitaramc@gmail.com> writes:

> shouldn't .git/hooks/post-update contain "exec git
> update-server-info" (note the space not hyphen) instead of
> "exec git-update-server-info"?
>
> Either I am horribly confused or HTTP pulls have not been
> working on post 1.6 gits and no one has noticed till now :-)

If I understand correctly hooks run with GIT_EXEC_PATH prepended to
PATH, so everything should work; and it has to work to not force users
to upgrade their (perhaps customized) hooks after upgrading git.

--
Jakub Narebski
Poland

* Re: hooks/post-update execs git-update-server-info
@ 2008-12-16  1:27   ` Sitaram Chamarty
From: Sitaram Chamarty @ 2008-12-16  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

On 2008-12-15, Jakub Narebski <jnareb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sitaram Chamarty <sitaramc@gmail.com> writes:

>> shouldn't .git/hooks/post-update contain "exec git
>> update-server-info" (note the space not hyphen) instead of

> If I understand correctly hooks run with GIT_EXEC_PATH prepended to
> PATH, so everything should work; and it has to work to not force users

you're right -- it does.  There was something else wrong in
my quick-and-dirty testing that caused me to jump to the
wrong conclusion; sorry for the noise!