* [Buildroot] Which commercial products use buildroot?
@ 2010-04-11 11:31 Tom Parkin
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Tom Parkin @ 2010-04-11 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi list,

I'm doing some research into embedded Linux distributions as a
background to an article I'm planning on the various embedded distros
and their areas of application. Particularly, I'm interested in
finding out about any commercial products which have used a particular
distribution in their software stack -- I think such examples will
help give my audience something extra to relate to, particularly if
they are widely known examples.

As such, I was wondering whether you know of any products which use
buildroot?

Many thanks for your help,
Tom
--
Tom Parkin
www.thhp.org.uk

* [Buildroot] Which commercial products use buildroot?
@ 2010-04-11 12:08 ` Cyril HAENEL
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Cyril HAENEL @ 2010-04-11 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

There is at least my product I developped for the french laboratory
"Arc'Antique", which is specialized in heritage restauration.
The product do controlled high power electrolysis on metalic heritage
piece collected in the sea to restore them. Configuration and
supervision are done through web pages (with ethernet, wifi, gprs or pstn).
I use buildroot-2009.05 on an Arm AT91SAM9260 processor, associed with
64MiB SDRAM and 512MiB Nand flash (jffs2 filesystem).

Regards,
Cyril HAENEL

Tom Parkin a ?crit :

--

Cyril Haenel
Registered Linux User #332632

From: Tom Parkin @ 2010-04-11 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Cyril,

On 11 April 2010 13:08, Cyril HAENEL <chaenel@free.fr> wrote:
> There is at least my product I developped for the french laboratory
> "Arc'Antique", which is specialized in heritage restauration.

Thanks for the reply -- it looks like a cool project ;-)

Do you have any website about the project that I could link to?

All the best,
Tom
--

@ 2010-04-11 18:10     ` Cyril HAENEL
From: Cyril HAENEL @ 2010-04-11 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Which commercial products use buildroot?
@ 2010-04-12 14:16 ` Peter Korsgaard
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2010-04-12 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Tom> Hi list,
 Tom> I'm doing some research into embedded Linux distributions as a
 Tom> background to an article I'm planning on the various embedded distros
 Tom> and their areas of application. Particularly, I'm interested in
 Tom> finding out about any commercial products which have used a particular
 Tom> distribution in their software stack -- I think such examples will
 Tom> help give my audience something extra to relate to, particularly if
 Tom> they are widely known examples.

 Tom> As such, I was wondering whether you know of any products which use
 Tom> buildroot?

We've been using buildroot for our rugged displays the last 4-5 years:

http://www.barco.com/en/defense/

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] Which commercial products use buildroot?
@ 2010-04-12 14:46 ` Will Newton
From: Will Newton @ 2010-04-12 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Tom Parkin <tom.parkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,

Hi Tom,

> I'm doing some research into embedded Linux distributions as a
> background to an article I'm planning on the various embedded distros
> and their areas of application. Particularly, I'm interested in
> finding out about any commercial products which have used a particular
> distribution in their software stack -- I think such examples will
> help give my audience something extra to relate to, particularly if
> they are widely known examples.
>
> As such, I was wondering whether you know of any products which use
> buildroot?

We at Imagination Technologies use buildroot as the default build
environment we ship with our processor cores:

http://imgtec.com/meta/meta.asp

Some of our customers have based their consumer electronics products
on buildroot too.

* [Buildroot] Which commercial products use buildroot?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-04-12 15:10 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2010-04-12 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:31:59 +0100
Tom Parkin <tom.parkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm doing some research into embedded Linux distributions as a
> background to an article I'm planning on the various embedded distros
> and their areas of application. Particularly, I'm interested in
> finding out about any commercial products which have used a particular
> distribution in their software stack -- I think such examples will
> help give my audience something extra to relate to, particularly if
> they are widely known examples.
>
> As such, I was wondering whether you know of any products which use
> buildroot?

Atmel is using Buildroot as one component of the official BSP for their
AT91 evaluation boards :
 http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/BuildRoot
 (but the version they are using is very, very old)

Atmel is also using Buildroot for their AVR32 evaluation boards :
 http://www.atmel.no/buildroot/

Calao Systems <http://www.calao-systems.com> (maker of AT91-based
boards and soon OMAP3530-based boards) is using Buildroot for their
boards as well.

Armadeus <http://www.armadeus.org> (maker of Freescale iMX-based
boards, coming with a FPGA) is using Buildroot for their boards.

Tensilica, makers of the Xtensa CPU architecture, is also using
Buildroot, see http://wiki.linux-xtensa.org/index.php/Main_Page and
http://wiki.linux-xtensa.org/index.php/Buildroot_Build_Instructions.

Simtec (http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/SWBUILDROOT/) seems to also be
using Buildroot.

And then there are lots of companies using Buildroot to generate their
embedded Linux system, but do not say publicly anything about this. For
example, several of our customers do use Buildroot for things like
digital television converters, fitness devices, GPS-tracking devices
and many other things.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Which commercial products use buildroot?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-04-12 15:58 ` Steve Calfee
From: Steve Calfee @ 2010-04-12 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I wasn't sure about NDAs, but after a quick google, this appears to be public information (circa 2004). This did use buildroot and I presume still does:
https://www.healthhero.com/products_services/health_buddy2.html

@ 2010-04-14 21:27   ` Tom Parkin
From: Tom Parkin @ 2010-04-14 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi folks,

Many thanks for all the great suggestions and links.  It's really
interesting to see all the different areas that buildroot is being
used in, and provides good fuel for my article!

All the best,
Tom
--
Tom Parkin
www.thhp.org.uk
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace /Wilde/

* [Buildroot] Auto standby after 10 minutes, what origin?
@ 2010-08-02 15:29       ` Damien Borie
From: Damien Borie @ 2010-08-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I made a distribution for a PDX 089T with a Vortex CPU. Everything works
fine, but, after 10 minutes, I always have an automatic standby. It
comes with Xorg started and also in console without any X server.
So I conclude it isn't a Xorg configuration problem.
But, where does this standby could come from? Kernel configuration?
Hardware?
I thought somebody here might have already encountered the problem...

Thanks.

Damien Borie

TERAWATT / AENERGIA S.A.S.
ZA DUBOSCOA