* As with ceph database to store
@ 2011-07-13 10:39 biyan chen
From: biyan chen @ 2011-07-13 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi everyone, I want to ask next ceph whether can be used as a mass
sqlite small database of storage?

Ceph direct sharing as the database of storage space is whether
foreseeable problem?

Thanks! I haven't made specific test!!!!! Was underway

* Re: As with ceph database to store
@ 2011-07-13 12:46 ` Rutger ter Borg
From: Rutger ter Borg @ 2011-07-13 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

On 07/13/2011 12:39 PM, biyan chen wrote:
> Hi everyone, I want to ask next ceph whether can be used as a mass
> sqlite small database of storage?
>
> Ceph direct sharing as the database of storage space is whether
> foreseeable problem?
>
> Thanks! I haven't made specific test!!!!! Was underway

As it happens to be, I have been investigating the same thing in the
past few days. Sqlite and rados seems to be a very natural combination.
Sqlite's and rados' architecture seem to provide hooks to make it
possible. Things to consider / look into:

* where to put the "backend" split, i.e., at the btree or pager level,
or just implement a rados-sqlite's vfs.
* increase the max #pages in a DB "file" to 48 or 64 bits (otherwise
it's limited to "just" 140 TB)
* how to improve concurrency (distributed shared-memory, etc.)
* a distributed locking service (chubby-like)

Cheers,

Rutger

* Re: As with ceph database to store
@ 2011-07-14  3:11   ` biyan chen
From: biyan chen @ 2011-07-14  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rutger ter Borg; +Cc: ceph-devel

Thanks a lot.
I now want to do is for each user assigned a sqlite database, and put
each database to store in ceph file system. Each of the user data in 1
G the following. The restrictions

Then countless client to update!!!!!

I will go to try..

2011/7/13 Rutger ter Borg <rutger@terborg.net>:
> On 07/13/2011 12:39 PM, biyan chen wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone, I want to ask next ceph whether can be used as a mass
>> sqlite small database of storage?
>>
>> Ceph direct sharing as the database of storage space is whether
>> foreseeable problem?
>>
>> Thanks! I haven't made specific test!!!!! Was underway
>

> As it happens to be, I have been investigating the same thing in the past
> few days. Sqlite and rados seems to be a very natural combination. Sqlite's
> and rados' architecture seem to provide hooks to make it possible. Things to
> consider / look into:
>
> * where to put the "backend" split, i.e., at the btree or pager level, or
> just implement a rados-sqlite's vfs.
> * increase the max #pages in a DB "file" to 48 or 64 bits (otherwise it's
> limited to "just" 140 TB)
> * how to improve concurrency (distributed shared-memory, etc.)
> * a distributed locking service (chubby-like)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rutger

name:Riby
mobile:+86 15280267642