* Powermac Sound Issue with Wallstreet PowerBook
@ 2007-01-26  0:08 Jim Gifford
From: Jim Gifford @ 2007-01-26  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML

For over the last few weeks, I've been trying to get sound working on my
Powerbook G3. I've tried various different things with no luck. Anyone
got any ideas??

dmasound_pmac: Awacs/Screamer Codec Mfct: 2 Rev 3
input: dmasound beeper as /class/input/input4
PowerMac Screamer  DMA sound driver rev 016 installed
Core driver edition 01.06 : PowerMac Built-in Sound driver edition 00.07
Write will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default
Read  will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.13 (Tue Nov 28
14:07:24 2006 UTC).
PM: Adding info for platform:snd_powermac
snd: can't request rsrc  0 (Sound Control:
0x00000000f3014000:00000000f3014fff)
ALSA device list:
  No soundcards found.

* Re: Powermac Sound Issue with Wallstreet PowerBook
@ 2007-01-26  1:05 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2007-01-26  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Gifford; +Cc: LKML

Jim Gifford <maillist@jg555.com> writes:

> For over the last few weeks, I've been trying to get sound working on my
> Powerbook G3. I've tried various different things with no luck. Anyone got
> any ideas??
>
> dmasound_pmac: Awacs/Screamer Codec Mfct: 2 Rev 3
> input: dmasound beeper as /class/input/input4
> PowerMac Screamer  DMA sound driver rev 016 installed
> Core driver edition 01.06 : PowerMac Built-in Sound driver edition 00.07
> Write will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default
> Read  will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.13 (Tue Nov 28
> 14:07:24 2006 UTC).
> PM: Adding info for platform:snd_powermac
> snd: can't request rsrc  0 (Sound Control:
> 0x00000000f3014000:00000000f3014fff)
> ALSA device list:
>  No soundcards found.

Looks like the problem is that you have both the OSS and the ALSA driver
built into your kernel.  Try removing one of them, preferably the OSS
driver (it's obsolete).

Andreas.