* [Qemu-devel] building qemu on Oracle Solaris 11 x64
@ 2012-01-31 19:14 Günther Schmidt
From: Günther Schmidt @ 2012-01-31 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build qemu on Oracle Solars 11 x64. I've figure out that I
need to set the --disable-guest-agent for ./configure, but there are
other errors I do not know how to fix.

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib/mps/amd64 helps but at least one
error still remains:

ld: fatal: file cac.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to vscclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Has anyone here successfully build qemu on Oracle Solaris 11 x64?

Günther

* Re: [Qemu-devel] building qemu on Oracle Solaris 11 x64
@ 2012-02-01 22:25 ` Ben Taylor
From: Ben Taylor @ 2012-02-01 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Günther Schmidt; +Cc: qemu-devel

Solaris can be a bit tricky since it supports 32 and 64-bit
applications.  Oracle Solaris 11 disabled 32-bit "boot" but
still supports 32-bit applications.

Are the rest of the libraries in the generated Makefile 32-bit or
64-bit?  On Solaris, it's fairly easy to tell since the 64-bit libraries
are ..../lib/64 (or various links to 64 such as amd64 -> 64 or
sparcv9 -> 64).

@ 2012-02-04 10:29 ` Blue Swirl
From: Blue Swirl @ 2012-02-04 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Günther Schmidt; +Cc: qemu-devel

2012/1/31 Günther Schmidt <gue.schmidt@web.de>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to build qemu on Oracle Solars 11 x64. I've figure out that I
> need to set the --disable-guest-agent for ./configure, but there are other
> errors I do not know how to fix.
>
> Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib/mps/amd64 helps but at least one error
> still remains:
>
> ld: fatal: file cac.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to vscclient
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Has anyone here successfully build qemu on Oracle Solaris 11 x64?

I used to build (and fix build) QEMU occasionally on Milax (free
Solaris derivative), but then I got an^W^W lost interest due to
Oracle.

@ 2012-01-31 17:05 Günther Schmidt