* How is X4500MHD performance in Windows 7?
@ 2010-04-12 19:17 Pedro Ribeiro
From: Pedro Ribeiro @ 2010-04-12 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Hi all,

I'm buying a computer for a relative. The most graphics intensive
application she'll run is Google Earth. Besides that, she needs
excellent 2D performance and image quality.

I have a X4500 in my laptop and it works very well - under Linux.
However, I've heard some horror stories around the web about how bad
the drivers are in Windows. Does anyone have hands on experience? Is
it good enough for running Google Earth under Windows 7?

Regards,
Pedro

* Re: How is X4500MHD performance in Windows 7?
@ 2010-04-12 20:04 ` Clemens Eisserer
From: Clemens Eisserer @ 2010-04-12 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Jep sure.

At least from my experiences windows-opengl drivers are far superior
than the linux ones.
I usually get twice the FPS for the same game running it on windows.
(Thought about an RadeonHD4200 based laptop, is usually 2x as fast as 4500)

- Clemens