* speaker volume gets down to 0 and muted
@ 2012-11-17 16:55 Julian Sikorski
From: Julian Sikorski @ 2012-11-17 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

I have recently noticed this annoying phenomenon: the speaker volume
will get to 0 and muted way more often than I'd like.
I still have not figured out a 100 % reproducer but this is quite
annoying. My system specs:

pulseaudio-1.1-9.fc17.x86_64
alsa-lib-1.0.26-1.fc17.x86_64
kernel-3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1707d0e40a7a1df7edc71c6c61dcae41e41a8acb

I am eager to receive info on how to debug this further.

Best regards,
Julian

* Re: speaker volume gets down to 0 and muted upon boot
@ 2012-11-17 17:23 ` Julian Sikorski
From: Julian Sikorski @ 2012-11-17 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

W dniu 17.11.2012 17:55, Julian Sikorski pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently noticed this annoying phenomenon: the speaker volume
> will get to 0 and muted way more often than I'd like.
> I still have not figured out a 100 % reproducer but this is quite
> annoying. My system specs:
>
> pulseaudio-1.1-9.fc17.x86_64
> alsa-lib-1.0.26-1.fc17.x86_64
> kernel-3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1707d0e40a7a1df7edc71c6c61dcae41e41a8acb
>
> I am eager to receive info on how to debug this further.
>
> Best regards,
> Julian

Well, it was easier than I thought. Volume=0 and muted is the state the
machine boots in.

@ 2012-11-20 17:11   ` Julian Sikorski
From: Julian Sikorski @ 2012-11-20 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

W dniu 17.11.2012 18:23, Julian Sikorski pisze:
> W dniu 17.11.2012 17:55, Julian Sikorski pisze:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have recently noticed this annoying phenomenon: the speaker volume
>> will get to 0 and muted way more often than I'd like.
>> I still have not figured out a 100 % reproducer but this is quite
>> annoying. My system specs:
>>
>> pulseaudio-1.1-9.fc17.x86_64
>> alsa-lib-1.0.26-1.fc17.x86_64
>> kernel-3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1707d0e40a7a1df7edc71c6c61dcae41e41a8acb
>>
>> I am eager to receive info on how to debug this further.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Julian
>>
> Well, it was easier than I thought. Volume=0 and muted is the state the
> machine boots in.
>
> Julian

It was pulseaudio's fault, sorry for the noise.

Julian