* Xen Project management working group
@ 2022-04-07 13:02 Olivier Lambert
From: Olivier Lambert @ 2022-04-07 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel; +Cc: bertrand.marquis, george.dunlap, Marc Ungeschikts

As announced during the latest Xen community call, we (George and I) would like to provide a simple and global view on the current state of the Xen project. For example: what are the current features in progress, those to discuss, things blocked, some finished and so on.

We'd like to make it simple as possible (only tracking biggest topics), so anyone could understand what's going on, instead of having to rely only on the mailing list, which can be hard if you don't follow it on a daily basis (or if you don't understand all the technical details). We also think it could help a lot to remember what has been done, what's next, and what are the important or blocked topics, maybe to discuss during a monthly discussion or the community meeting itself?

And to do all of that without adding any extra burden for developers, we can provide some time of our project manager working at Vates, Marc Ungeschikts. I think this first non-technical contribution to Xen project could help it on multiple aspects: easy of internal tracking for release managers and developers, but also for people who want to communicate more on the Xen project itself, and discover the cool features that are currently developed. In any case, having someone dedicated for these tasks will also be a guarantee we won't miss anything.

Obviously, we want to move step by step, starting by a simple "demo" by gathering ourselves the things in progress and so on. Then to show it during a next community call, and discuss from there.

Before getting to that first demo, we need to choose the tools we'd like to use: Jira, Gitlab, something else? We need something that's simple to navigate, but also ideally if we could avoid multiplying platforms/tools, that would be great (so we have a small pref for Gitlab right now, but nothing is decided).

If you are interested to help us on our next tool choices and discuss about how to fetch the current relevant topics on Xen mailing list, please join us for a first dedicated meeting. I created a Doodle link, and tried to keep it at as a "compatible" hour if you are in EU or in the US:

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b822G1ge

I will probably leave the Doodle opened for few days (like up to Monday evening) until we can decide the best schedule without waiting too long. When I'll have the validated time slot, I'll communicate about it here.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Regards,

Olivier Lambert | Vates CEO
XCP-ng & Xen Orchestra - Vates solutions
w: vates.fr | xcp-ng.org | xen-orchestra.com

[-- Attachment #2.2: Type: image/png, Size: 21787 bytes --]

* Re: Xen Project management working group
@ 2022-04-11 11:21 ` Olivier Lambert
From: Olivier Lambert @ 2022-04-11 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel; +Cc: bertrand.marquis, george.dunlap, Marc Ungeschikts

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b822G1ge

I will probably leave the Doodle opened for few days (like up to Monday evening) until we can decide the best schedule without waiting too long. When I'll have the validated time slot, I'll communicate about it here.

So, as planned, here is the selected date. I picked this Thursday, April the 14th, at 4PM UTC (5PM London time, 6PM Paris time). Don't forget to add this to your calendar :)

Meeting place will be:

https://meet.vates.fr/xenmgmt

See you soon!

@ 2022-05-12  8:50   ` Marc Ungeschikts
From: Marc Ungeschikts @ 2022-05-12  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Lambert, xen-devel
  Cc: bertrand.marquis, george.dunlap, Marc Ungeschikts

Hello,

Following the meeting of the 14th April [https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/3/pad/edit/c4fdcd12de9a85e303fa0fd4d787b7de/], here is a new Doodle link to schedule the next Xen Project Management Working Group meeting:

https://doodle.com/meeting/organize/id/dyPg8MWb

Agenda:

- Jira demo

- Feedback / discussion

- Define the next step

Le lundi 11/04/2022, 13:21, Olivier Lambert a écrit :

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b822G1ge

I will probably leave the Doodle opened for few days (like up to Monday evening) until we can decide the best schedule without waiting too long. When I'll have the validated time slot, I'll communicate about it here.

So, as planned, here is the selected date. I picked this Thursday, April the 14th, at 4PM UTC (5PM London time, 6PM Paris time). Don't forget to add this to your calendar :)

Meeting place will be:

https://meet.vates.fr/xenmgmt

See you soon!

Regards,

Olivier Lambert | Vates CEO
XCP-ng & Xen Orchestra - Vates solutions
w: vates.fr | xcp-ng.org | xen-orchestra.com

[-- Attachment #2.2: Type: image/png, Size: 21787 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.3: Type: image/png, Size: 21787 bytes --]

* Re: Xen Project management working group
@ 2022-05-13 17:05   ` Marc Ungeschikts
From: Marc Ungeschikts @ 2022-05-13 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel
  Cc: bertrand.marquis, george.dunlap, Marc Ungeschikts,
	Olivier Lambert, christopher.clark

Conclusion of the Doodle https://doodle.com/meeting/organize/id/dyPg8MWb :
The next working group meeting will take place Wednesday 18th May at 3PM UTC (4PM London time, 5PM Paris time)

@ 2022-05-31 15:29     ` Marc Ungeschikts
From: Marc Ungeschikts @ 2022-05-31 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel
  Cc: bertrand.marquis, george.dunlap, Olivier Lambert,