* #error [kirkstone] mariadb-native is unbuildable for 2 reasons
@ 2022-11-14 10:23 wojciech
From: wojciech @ 2022-11-14 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I found 2 bugs in 'mariadb-native' package in 'kirkstone' branch.

1. Missing 'gnutls-native' in DEPENDS
2. Unable to successfuly perform 'do_compile' task:

The migration notes for 'kirkstone' states: https://docs.yoctoproject.org/4.0.5/migration-guides/migration-4.0.html#fetching-changes
" Network access from tasks is now disabled by default on kernels which support this feature (on most recent distros such as CentOS 8 and Debian 11 onwards). This means that tasks accessing the network need to be marked as such with the network flag. "

But during compilation there is a place in some CMakeLists.txt being downloaded libfmt-8.0.1 from the internet, so the possibility to download it must be unlocked in the recipe:

do_compile[network] = "1".

Finally my bbappend (mariadb-native_10.7.%.bbappend) looked like this:

DEPENDS:append = " gnutls-native"
do_compile[network] = "1"

Regards,
Wojciech

* Re: [oe] #error [kirkstone] mariadb-native is unbuildable for 2 reasons
@ 2022-11-14 13:30 ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2022-11-14 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wojciech, openembedded-devel

On 11/14/22 5:23 AM, wojciech@rbmail.pl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found 2 bugs in 'mariadb-native' package in 'kirkstone' branch.
>
> 1. Missing 'gnutls-native' in DEPENDS
> 2. Unable to successfuly perform 'do_compile' task:

Have you seen this on Master?

> The migration notes for 'kirkstone' states:
> https://docs.yoctoproject.org/4.0.5/migration-guides/migration-4.0.html#fetching-changes
> "/Network access from tasks is now disabled by default on kernels
> which support this feature (on most recent distros such as CentOS 8
> and Debian 11 onwards). This means that tasks accessing the network
> need to be marked as such with the |network| flag./"
>
> But during compilation there is a place in some CMakeLists.txt being
> downloaded libfmt-8.0.1 from the internet, so the possibility to
> download it must be unlocked in the recipe:
>
> do_compile[network] = "1".
>
> Finally my bbappend (mariadb-native_10.7.%.bbappend) looked like this:
>
> DEPENDS:append = " gnutls-native"
> do_compile[network] = "1"

Can you send a patch?

-armin