* [Bluez-devel] concurrent inquiring and sending data
@ 2007-02-12 10:54 Yuriy Vikulov
From: Yuriy Vikulov @ 2007-02-12 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hello

I'm developing an application using bluez.
It must search devices and send them data(files).

i'm using one bluetooth dongle for searching
and some dongles for sending.

i've found code which do search anisochronous.
it works fine.

but when application tries to connect
to device for sending it often says
error "File descriptor in bad state"

i've searched in this mailing
list about it and found that connecting
simultaneously is not possible
that's why this error comes

I have questions, please, if somebody knows, tell me

1. can inquiring at one dongle
   disturb connecting at another dongle?

2. if connecting is being maden at different dongles
   can they conflict with each other?

3. How can i avoid this situation without patching
   kernel( or may be it has been already done at
   some versions of kernel)?

Best Regards,
Yuriy

* Re: [Bluez-devel] concurrent inquiring and sending data
@ 2007-02-12 19:34 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-02-12 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ development

Hi Yuriy,

> I'm developing an application using bluez.
> It must search devices and send them data(files).
>
> i'm using one bluetooth dongle for searching
> and some dongles for sending.
>
> i've found code which do search anisochronous.
> it works fine.
>
> but when application tries to connect
> to device for sending it often says
> error "File descriptor in bad state"
>
> i've searched in this mailing
> list about it and found that connecting
> simultaneously is not possible
> that's why this error comes
>
> I have questions, please, if somebody knows, tell me
>
> 1. can inquiring at one dongle
>    disturb connecting at another dongle?
>
> 2. if connecting is being maden at different dongles
>    can they conflict with each other?
>
> 3. How can i avoid this situation without patching
>    kernel( or may be it has been already done at
>    some versions of kernel)?

what kernel version are you using and you have to show the output of
"hcidump -X -V" for further analysis.

Regards

Marcel