* alsa-utils: alsactl restore not working after system restart
@ 2008-12-16 12:58 Klaus Schulz
From: Klaus Schulz @ 2008-12-16 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there.

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 - and latest ALSA.

After restart amixer defaults to default settings.

I am not really sure if this is Ubuntu/Debian specific or an
Alsa issue.

It seems that either a link  /var/lib/alsa/asound.state to /etc/asound.state
is needed
or that /etc/init.d/alsa-utils needs to be updated within the restore
section accordingly.

With the link workaround I managed to get it working.

Cheers
Klaus

* Re: alsa-utils: alsactl restore not working after system restart
@ 2008-12-16 13:30 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2008-12-16 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:58:02 +0100,
Klaus Schulz wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 8.10 - and latest ALSA.
>
> After restart amixer defaults to default settings.
>
> I am not really sure if this is Ubuntu/Debian specific or an
> Alsa issue.

The former.  They must patch the code.
The default path is hard-coded as /etc/asound.state.

Takashi

@ 2008-12-16 15:50 ` Daniel T Chen
From: Daniel T Chen @ 2008-12-16 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Klaus Schulz <kls.schlz <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> It seems that either a link  /var/lib/alsa/asound.state to /etc/asound.state
> is needed
> or that /etc/init.d/alsa-utils needs to be updated within the restore
> section accordingly.

Please note that the Debian (and all its derivatives) source package of
alsa-utils does, in fact, patch for the former link:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-alsa/trunk/alsa-utils/debian/patches/move_asound_state_to_var.patch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0