* trace PCM data from usb bus to alsa lib
@ 2009-06-17  7:25 ZeroCluo
From: ZeroCluo @ 2009-06-17  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi

  I am trying to trace the Audio data from usb bus.
in kernel:
dump data in retire_capture_urb() ,found data format is like:
AABB 0000 CCDD 0000 ;

but in alsa library ,
dump data in snd_pcm_mmap_begin(),the "0000" is cut,only "AABB CCDD",

Do you know when and where those "0000" is cut?

btw,use mmap method map dma_area to user space; and use snd_pcm_readi to get
audio data;

Thank you very very much.

Best Regards,
Zero

* Re: trace PCM data from usb bus to alsa lib
@ 2009-06-17  8:01 ` Takashi Iwai
       [not found]   ` <34ae6efa0906170110u30dbe2deg58cf34b73a838116@mail.gmail.com>
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-17  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZeroCluo; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:25:25 +0000 (UTC),
ZeroCluo wrote:

> Hi
>
>   I am trying to trace the Audio data from usb bus.
> in kernel:
> dump data in retire_capture_urb() ,found data format is like:
> AABB 0000 CCDD 0000 ;
>
> but in alsa library ,
> dump data in snd_pcm_mmap_begin(),the "0000" is cut,only "AABB CCDD",
>
> Do you know when and where those "0000" is cut?

Are you using the native format that the hardware runs?

Takashi

@ 2009-06-17  8:18     ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-17  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zero Luo; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:10:26 +0800,
Zero Luo wrote:

> Dear Takashi,
>
>    Data from usb dongle is 16K*16 bit PCM data.

And what is the format and channels you are using in alsa-lib?
alsa-lib itself can convert formats and channels automatically if needed.

Takashi

@ 2009-06-17  8:33       ` ZeroCluo
From: ZeroCluo @ 2009-06-17  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Takashi Iwai <tiwai <at> suse.de> writes:

> At Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:10:26 +0800,
> Zero Luo wrote:
> >
> > Dear Takashi,
> >
> >    Data from usb dongle is 16K*16 bit PCM data.
>
> And what is the format and channels you are using in alsa-lib?
> alsa-lib itself can convert formats and channels automatically if needed.
>
> Takashi

 In alsa-lib ,I set data format as 8K * mulaw .
        hwparams.format = SND_PCM_FORMAT_MU_LAW;
        hwparams.rate = 8000;
        hwparams.channels = 1;
 Yes,indeed alsa-lib help to convert formats.But before alsa-lib convert pcm
data to mulaw,I dumped the src data in snd_pcm_mulaw_encode() which already
has no "0000" .

@ 2009-06-17 15:52         ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-06-17 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZeroCluo; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:33:15 +0000 (UTC),
ZeroCluo wrote:

> Takashi Iwai <tiwai <at> suse.de> writes:
>

> > At Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:10:26 +0800,
> > Zero Luo wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Takashi,
> > >
> > >    Data from usb dongle is 16K*16 bit PCM data.
> >
> > And what is the format and channels you are using in alsa-lib?
> > alsa-lib itself can convert formats and channels automatically if needed.
> >
> > Takashi
>

>  In alsa-lib ,I set data format as 8K * mulaw .
>         hwparams.format = SND_PCM_FORMAT_MU_LAW;
>         hwparams.rate = 8000;
>         hwparams.channels = 1;
>  Yes,indeed alsa-lib help to convert formats.But before alsa-lib convert pcm
> data to mulaw,I dumped the src data in snd_pcm_mulaw_encode() which already
> has no "0000" .

Well, another question is whether the output result is correct.
Did you get broken output or so?

Takashi

* Re: trace PCM data from usb bus to alsa lib
@ 2009-06-18  1:52           ` ZeroCluo
From: ZeroCluo @ 2009-06-18  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

> Well, another question is whether the output result is correct.
> Did you get broken output or so?
>
> Takashi

 First,thanks for your reply.

Output should be correct.I can hear smooth voice. It real confuse me...

Zero