* Retrospectively add alternates to a repository?
@ 2010-02-26 23:54 Steve Folly
From: Steve Folly @ 2010-02-26 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I have a local mirror of a remote repository (to save time
cloning over a slow network).  But before I created the
local mirror I already cloned the remote repo directly.

Is it possible to retrospectively add an alternates spec
to this local repository (the equivalent of doing what
--reference does during the clone)?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Steve