* How to write data to rbd pool.
@ 2012-10-01 15:38 ramu eppa
From: ramu eppa @ 2012-10-01 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi all,

   I want write data or text file to rbd pool.Please help me.

Thanks,
Ramu.

* Re: How to write data to rbd pool.
@ 2012-10-01 16:27 ` Tommi Virtanen
From: Tommi Virtanen @ 2012-10-01 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ramu eppa; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM, ramu eppa <ramu.freesystems@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I want write data or text file to rbd pool.Please help me.

You can create objects in RADOS pools with "rados put". See
http://ceph.com/docs/master/man/8/rados/ for the documentation.

The rbd pool usually contains only rbd images, though. An object
created from an arbitrary file won't work as an rbd image. For rbd
images, you want e.g. "rbd import":
http://ceph.com/docs/master/man/8/rbd/

* Re: How to write data to rbd pool.
@ 2012-10-02 13:13   ` ramu eppa
From: ramu eppa @ 2012-10-02 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi all,

  How to know the rbd volume path.

@ 2012-10-02 16:33     ` Tommi Virtanen
From: Tommi Virtanen @ 2012-10-02 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ramu eppa; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:13 AM, ramu eppa <ramu.freesystems@gmail.com> wrote:
>   How to know the rbd volume path.

Umm. What is an rbd volume path? If you "rbd map" it, the block device
will be called /dev/rbd/<poolname>/<imagename> -- maybe that's what
you were looking for?

* Re: How to write data to rbd pool.
@ 2012-10-02 17:09       ` ramu eppa
From: ramu eppa @ 2012-10-02 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi Tommi Virtanen,

   Actually we know the rbd full path,we write some data directly to volume.
nova/volume1/<data>.

@ 2012-10-03  4:55 ` ramu eppa
From: ramu eppa @ 2012-10-03  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi all,

   When map rbd to /dev it's giving error,
"rbd map /dev/mypool/mytest "

add failed: (22) Invalid argument

How to map rbd volume.Please help me.

@ 2012-10-03 20:13     ` Dan Mick
From: Dan Mick @ 2012-10-03 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ramu eppa; +Cc: ceph-devel

Don't understand the question.  rbd images live, by default, in the rbd
pool; the image namespace is flat, and there is no path.

@ 2012-10-03 20:15         ` Dan Mick
From: Dan Mick @ 2012-10-03 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ramu eppa; +Cc: ceph-devel

What tool/library/context are you using the string "nova/volume1/<data>"
in?  What does <data> represent?  How was volume1 created?

@ 2012-10-03 20:18   ` Tommi Virtanen
From: Tommi Virtanen @ 2012-10-03 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ramu eppa; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM, ramu eppa <ramu.freesystems@gmail.com> wrote: