* [U-Boot] Regarding u-boot patch about accurate boot time measurement
       [not found] <CACL4+3jA+rJ=01b=+-c4aMfhOOkSd8Qz+NU2w-SSuYLOc-Tp+g@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-02-16 23:03 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2014-02-16 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Abdullah,

On 16 February 2014 15:38, Abdullah Y?ld?z <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
> Dear Glass,
>
> I've fount this
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-May/092584.html while
> searching about boot time measurement methods in u-boot. However, I
> couldn't find a patch file regarding your post. Could you help me with
> this about where to find the patch?

This was merged into U-Boot in early 2012, so you don't need a patch.
See bootstage.h for the API.

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] Regarding u-boot patch about accurate boot time measurement
@ 2014-02-17 11:10   ` Abdullah Yıldız
From: Abdullah Yıldız @ 2014-02-17 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Simon Glass <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi Abdullah,
>
> On 16 February 2014 15:38, Abdullah Y?ld?z <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
>> Dear Glass,
>>
>> I've fount this
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-May/092584.html while
>> searching about boot time measurement methods in u-boot. However, I
>> couldn't find a patch file regarding your post. Could you help me with
>> this about where to find the patch?
>
> This was merged into U-Boot in early 2012, so you don't need a patch.
> See bootstage.h for the API.
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>
> --

Adding CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE option and then make didn't work.

* [U-Boot] Regarding u-boot patch about accurate boot time measurement
@ 2014-02-17 11:58     ` Albert ARIBAUD
       [not found]       ` <CACL4+3hCbnKi8a9e26_-oGPxGc+1673aY=@mail.gmail.com>
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2014-02-17 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Abdullah,

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:10:52 +0200, Abdullah Y?ld?z
<ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Simon Glass <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:
> > Hi Abdullah,
> >
> > On 16 February 2014 15:38, Abdullah Y?ld?z <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
> >> Dear Glass,
> >>
> >> I've fount this
> >> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-May/092584.html while
> >> searching about boot time measurement methods in u-boot. However, I
> >> couldn't find a patch file regarding your post. Could you help me with
> >> this about where to find the patch?
> >
> > This was merged into U-Boot in early 2012, so you don't need a patch.
> > See bootstage.h for the API.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Simon
> >
> > --
>
> Adding CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE option and then make didn't work.

Can you give more detail, e.g. what exactly is the commit you're
trying to build, what is the command line, and what is the error
message?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] Regarding u-boot patch about accurate boot time measurement
@ 2014-02-17 12:07       ` Abdullah Yıldız
       [not found]       ` <CACL4+3hCbnKi8a9e26_-oGPxGc+1673aY=@mail.gmail.com>
From: Abdullah Yıldız @ 2014-02-17 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Albert,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
<albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
> Hi Abdullah,
>
> On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:10:52 +0200, Abdullah Y?ld?z
> <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Simon Glass <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:
>> > Hi Abdullah,

>> > This was merged into U-Boot in early 2012, so you don't need a patch.
>> > See bootstage.h for the API.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Simon
>> >
>> > --
>>
>> Adding CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE option and then make didn't work.
>
> Can you give more detail, e.g. what exactly is the commit you're
> trying to build, what is the command line, and what is the error
> message?
>
> Amicalement,
> --
> Albert.
>
> --

I'm working on u-boot version 2014-01.

Actually, there is no error message, u-boot runs without any timestamp.

* [U-Boot] Regarding u-boot patch about accurate boot time measurement
@ 2014-02-17 22:16         ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2014-02-17 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 17 February 2014 05:07, Abdullah Y?ld?z <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
> Hi Albert,
>
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> <albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
>> Hi Abdullah,
>>
>> On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:10:52 +0200, Abdullah Y?ld?z
>> <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Simon,

>>> Adding CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE option and then make didn't work.
>>
>> Can you give more detail, e.g. what exactly is the commit you're
>> trying to build, what is the command line, and what is the error
>> message?
>>
>> Amicalement,
>> --
>> Albert.
>>
>> --
>
> I'm working on u-boot version 2014-01.
>
> Actually, there is no error message, u-boot runs without any timestamp.

bootstage is a way of measuring boot time and progress - what sort of
timestamp are you looking for?

Regards,
Simon

@ 2014-02-17 23:14         ` Rommel G Custodio
From: Rommel G Custodio @ 2014-02-17 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Abdullah Y?ld?z,

Abdullah Y?ld?z <ayildiz <at> cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> writes:

> Hi Albert,
>
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> <albert.u.boot <at> aribaud.net> wrote:
> > Hi Abdullah,
> >
> > On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:10:52 +0200, Abdullah Y?ld?z
> > <ayildiz <at> cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Simon,

> >> Adding CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE option and then make didn't work.
> >
> > Can you give more detail, e.g. what exactly is the commit you're
> > trying to build, what is the command line, and what is the error
> > message?
> >
> > Amicalement,
> > --
> > Albert.
> >
> > --
>
> I'm working on u-boot version 2014-01.
>
> Actually, there is no error message, u-boot runs without any timestamp.

If you are looking for timestamps before each logged message in the console,
then _NO_ BOOTSTAGE will not add those. It does give a report later on (or
when you explicitly execute 'bootstage report').

Did you read the README file? Did you check the configuration of other
boards using the BOOTSTAGE? For example coreboot.h or sandbox.h?

All the best,
Rommel

* [U-Boot] Regarding u-boot patch about accurate boot time measurement
@ 2014-02-18  8:30           ` Abdullah Yıldız
From: Abdullah Yıldız @ 2014-02-18  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Simon Glass <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 17 February 2014 05:07,
abdullah

 Y?ld?z <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
>> Hi Albert,
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
>> <albert.u.boot@aribaud.net> wrote:
>>> Hi Abdullah,

>>> Can you give more detail, e.g. what exactly is the commit you're
>>> trying to build, what is the command line, and what is the error
>>> message?
>>>
>>> Amicalement,
>>> --
>>> Albert.
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> I'm working on u-boot version 2014-01.
>>
>> Actually, there is no error message, u-boot runs without any timestamp.
>
> bootstage is a way of measuring boot time and progress - what sort of
> timestamp are you looking for?
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>
> --

bootstage is exactly what I'm looking for. Is it enough to define
#define CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE to build u-boot with timestamping?

abdullah

* [U-Boot] Regarding u-boot patch about accurate boot time measurement
@ 2014-02-19  4:34             ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2014-02-19  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 18 February 2014 00:30, Abdullah Y?ld?z <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Simon Glass <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 17 February 2014 05:07,
> abdullah
>
>  Y?ld?z <ayildiz@cse.yeditepe.edu.tr> wrote:
>>> Hi Albert,

>>> I'm working on u-boot version 2014-01.
>>>
>>> Actually, there is no error message, u-boot runs without any timestamp.
>>
>> bootstage is a way of measuring boot time and progress - what sort of
>> timestamp are you looking for?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>
>> --
>
> bootstage is exactly what I'm looking for. Is it enough to define
> #define CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE to build u-boot with timestamping?

Suggest #define CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE_REPORT also so you get an automatic
report before booting the kernel.

Regards,
Simon