* Problem with gitk since git-version 2.6, probably a problem with language/locale
@ 2015-11-17 13:13 Manuel Neubauer
From: Manuel Neubauer @ 2015-11-17 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello everybody,

since git-version 2.6, I get the following error on all of the machines here
at work:

Error in startup script: bad menu entry index "Ansicht bearbeiten ..."
    while executing
".bar.view entryconf [mca "Edit view..."] -state normal"
    invoked from within
"if {$cmdline_files ne {} || $revtreeargs ne {} || $revtreeargscmd ne {}} {
    # create a view for the files/dirs specified on the command line
    se..."
    (file "/usr/bin/gitk" line 12442)

I'm using
- openSuSE 13.2
- $LANG=de_DE@euro
- $LC_ALL=de_DE@euro
- $LC_COLLATE=POSIX

The problem occurs when I', trying to use "gitk <FILENAME>" oder something
like "gitk ..origin/<BRANCHNAME>".
A normal call of "gitk" without any extra arguments works without any problems.

In git-version 2.5.3 this problem isn't present, it came along with version
2.6.x.

Any help very appreciated.
Thanks,
 Manuel

* Re: Problem with gitk since git-version 2.6, probably a problem with language/locale
@ 2015-11-17 14:23 ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2015-11-17 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Neubauer; +Cc: git

Hi Manuel,

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015, Manuel Neubauer wrote:

> since git-version 2.6, I get the following error on all of the machines here
> at work:
>
> Error in startup script: bad menu entry index "Ansicht bearbeiten ..."
>     while executing
> ".bar.view entryconf [mca "Edit view..."] -state normal"
>     invoked from within
> "if {$cmdline_files ne {} || $revtreeargs ne {} || $revtreeargscmd ne {}} {
>     # create a view for the files/dirs specified on the command line
>     se..."
>     (file "/usr/bin/gitk" line 12442)
>
> I'm using
> - openSuSE 13.2
> - $LANG=de_DE@euro
> - $LC_ALL=de_DE@euro
> - $LC_COLLATE=POSIX
>
> The problem occurs when I', trying to use "gitk <FILENAME>" oder something
> like "gitk ..origin/<BRANCHNAME>".
> A normal call of "gitk" without any extra arguments works without any problems.
>
> In git-version 2.5.3 this problem isn't present, it came along with version
> 2.6.x.

Is this not the same issue that was reported here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/280095/match=gitk+locale

and here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/281105/match=gitk+locale

and fixed here: