* Very quick embarrassing q: /var/lib permissions.
@ 2016-05-31 21:53 al
From: al @ 2016-05-31 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Please can someone run:

# ls -l /var/lib/ | grep btrfs

for me (and post to directly or via list as they think fit).

Thank you.

* Re: Very quick embarrassing q: /var/lib permissions.
@ 2016-05-31 23:43 ` Satoru Takeuchi
From: Satoru Takeuchi @ 2016-05-31 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: al, linux-btrfs

On 2016/06/01 6:53, al wrote:
> Please can someone run:
>
> # ls -l /var/lib/ | grep btrfs
>
> for me (and post to directly or via list as they think fit).

================================
$ ls -l /var/lib | grep btrfs
drwxr-xr-x  1 root          root          196 May 18 10:34 btrfs
================================

This directory will be created when you run "btrfs scrub start"
for the first time.

Thanks,
Satoru

@ 2016-06-02  1:20   ` al
From: al @ 2016-06-02  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Satoru Takeuchi <takeuchi_satoru <at> jp.fujitsu.com> writes:
<snip>

Thank you, sir!

I wonder if you would let me have the permissions (only) of any of the files
you have inside your equivalent directory.

Effectively I'm asking (for evidence) if I'm using the command with
escalated permissions when this is unnecessary.

* Re: Very quick embarrassing q: /var/lib permissions.
@ 2016-06-02  4:50     ` Satoru Takeuchi
From: Satoru Takeuchi @ 2016-06-02  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: al, linux-btrfs

On 2016/06/02 10:20, al wrote:
> Satoru Takeuchi <takeuchi_satoru <at> jp.fujitsu.com> writes:
> <snip>
>
> Thank you, sir!
>
> I wonder if you would let me have the permissions (only) of any of the files
> you have inside your equivalent directory.

Here it is.

===================
# ls -l /var/lib/btrfs/
total 4
-rw-------. 1 root root 413 Jun  1 08:19 scrub.status.<FSID>
===================

> Effectively I'm asking (for evidence) if I'm using the command with
> escalated permissions when this is unnecessary.

I wonder why you ask these question.
Probably it's enough to read the file permissions of
your system...

Thanks,
Satoru

* Re: Very quick embarrassing q: /var/lib permissions.
@ 2016-06-02  5:58       ` al
From: al @ 2016-06-02  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Satoru Takeuchi <takeuchi_satoru <at> jp.fujitsu.com> writes:

> <snip>

Something is wrong with my setup or process. I'm still not getting progress
reports (any longer) on scrub status and I wanted to make sure it's not me
before I whinge again. :-D

I've just, with your help, ruled out permissions.
I next need to have a quick test at running scrub from the root (rather the
all-encompassing subvol).

Thank you again Satoru.