* libtermcap (was: Re: Asterisk and termcap)
@ 2010-09-06 17:50 Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2010-09-06 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2010/9/6 Arigead <captain.deadly@gmail.com>:
> was trying to build Asterisk for the OpenMoko Free runner and it failed
> on a dependency on termcap so I tried to bitbake termcap first and that
> failed. The termcap compile stage is working but it's when it tries to
> install that the recipe seems to fail but I'm new to this.
>
> I'm off to read the openembedded documentation again but in the mean
> time if anybody can give me a hit that would be great.

Eric peeked into the termcap problem. I've tested his patch and it
works. He will probably push a patch later today.

The termcap problem from asterisk is not related. It cannot find
libtermcap. This one does not exist any more with ncurses 5.7.

People how should we fix this? I know it has been discussed before,
but I don't recall a solution.
I bumped into this for a different package too. There I fixed things
by adding a patch, but I am not sure if that is really the desired
solution.

Best regards, Frans