* [U-Boot] Serail console interface "functions/datastructures"
@ 2010-05-05  8:08 Ayewin Oung
From: Ayewin Oung @ 2010-05-05  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi list

I'm trying to get most simple u-boot for our custom board ported, with
serail port.

Could someone point to me which doc/examples I should follow, to implement
serail console?  I'm assuming there is a "well" defined interface,
functions/datastructes one has to implement specific to a particular board.

Thanks all.

* [U-Boot] Serail console interface "functions/datastructures"
@ 2010-05-05  8:25 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2010-05-05  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wednesday 05 May 2010 04:08:20 Ayewin Oung wrote:
> Could someone point to me which doc/examples I should follow, to implement
> serail console?  I'm assuming there is a "well" defined interface,
> functions/datastructes one has to implement specific to a particular board.

there are no docs unfortunately.  this is one thing people tend to implement
once and forget about, and so no one has bothered documenting it.

look at include/common.h.  you have to implement
serial_{set_baud,setbrg,init,putc,puts,getc,tstc}.

grep the tree for those functions to find examples, but the names should be
pretty self-explanatory.
-mike
* [U-Boot] Serail console interface "functions/datastructures"
@ 2010-05-05  8:57   ` Ayewin Oung
From: Ayewin Oung @ 2010-05-05  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Thats cool thanks.