* problems with dracut 50 or 51 on gentoo
@ 2021-02-13 14:59 John Covici
From: John Covici @ 2021-02-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi.  I am having  some major problems executing dracut.  I have a line
like this in my /etc/dracut.conf
install_items+= "/etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf
/etc/systemd/system/initrd-switch-root.service"

I was working fine till recent versions and now I get:

/etc/dracut.conf:install_items+= "/etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf
/etc/systemd/system/initrd-switch-root.service"

white spaces!
dracut: WARNING: This will lead to unwanted side effects! Please fix
the configuration file.

/etc/dracut.conf: line 54: /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf
/etc/systemd/system/initrd-switch-root.service: No such file or
directory

Now, if I make each file a separate install_options line, I get
permission denied on both lines.

If I then make the first file a 777, I get options command not found
-- the first word in the file is the word options.

How can I get this to work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici-cDiIMnvS3U/1IL9EAbMJQA@public.gmane.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-13 14:59 UTC | newest]