* Memory API code review
@ 2011-09-14 15:07 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2011-09-14 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Chris Wright
  Cc: Jan Kiszka, Peter Maydell, Richard Henderson, Anthony Liguori

I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so
that more people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to
catch some bugs or deficiency.  I'd like to use the next kvm conference
call slot for this (Tuesday 1400 UTC) since many people already have it
reserved in the schedule.

It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present,
rather than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually
participates in the kvm weekly call.

Juan, Chris, can we dedicate next week's call to this?

We'll also need a way to disseminate a few slides and an editor session
for showing the code.  We have an elluminate account that can be used
for this, but usually this has a 50% failure rate on Linux.  Anthony,
perhaps we can set up a view-only vnc reflector on qemu.org?

* [Qemu-devel] Memory API code review
@ 2011-09-14 15:07 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2011-09-14 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Chris Wright
  Cc: Jan Kiszka, Richard Henderson, Peter Maydell

I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so
that more people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to
catch some bugs or deficiency.  I'd like to use the next kvm conference
call slot for this (Tuesday 1400 UTC) since many people already have it
reserved in the schedule.

It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present,
rather than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually
participates in the kvm weekly call.

Juan, Chris, can we dedicate next week's call to this?

We'll also need a way to disseminate a few slides and an editor session
for showing the code.  We have an elluminate account that can be used
for this, but usually this has a 50% failure rate on Linux.  Anthony,
perhaps we can set up a view-only vnc reflector on qemu.org?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory API code review
@ 2011-09-14 15:27   ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2011-09-14 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: qemu-devel, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Chris Wright, Jan Kiszka,
	Richard Henderson, Peter Maydell

On 09/14/2011 10:07 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
> I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so
> that more people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to
> catch some bugs or deficiency. I'd like to use the next kvm conference
> call slot for this (Tuesday 1400 UTC) since many people already have it
> reserved in the schedule.
>
> It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present,
> rather than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually
> participates in the kvm weekly call.
>
> Juan, Chris, can we dedicate next week's call to this?
>
> We'll also need a way to disseminate a few slides and an editor session
> for showing the code. We have an elluminate account that can be used for
> this, but usually this has a 50% failure rate on Linux. Anthony, perhaps
> we can set up a view-only vnc reflector on qemu.org?

Absolutely.  I'll set something up and then get with you for the details
of access.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

From: Anthony Liguori @ 2011-09-14 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: Chris Wright, Peter Maydell, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Jan Kiszka,
	qemu-devel, Richard Henderson

On 09/14/2011 10:07 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
> I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so
> that more people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to
> catch some bugs or deficiency. I'd like to use the next kvm conference
> call slot for this (Tuesday 1400 UTC) since many people already have it
> reserved in the schedule.
>
> It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present,
> rather than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually
> participates in the kvm weekly call.
>
> Juan, Chris, can we dedicate next week's call to this?
>
> We'll also need a way to disseminate a few slides and an editor session
> for showing the code. We have an elluminate account that can be used for
> this, but usually this has a 50% failure rate on Linux. Anthony, perhaps
> we can set up a view-only vnc reflector on qemu.org?

Absolutely.  I'll set something up and then get with you for the details
of access.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

* Re: Memory API code review
@ 2011-09-14 18:27   ` Chris Wright
From: Chris Wright @ 2011-09-14 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: Chris Wright, Peter Maydell, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Jan Kiszka,

* Avi Kivity (avi@redhat.com) wrote:
> I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so that
> more people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to catch some
> bugs or deficiency.  I'd like to use the next kvm conference call slot for
> this (Tuesday 1400 UTC) since many people already have it reserved in the
> schedule.
>
> It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present, rather
> than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually participates in
> the kvm weekly call.
>
> Juan, Chris, can we dedicate next week's call to this?

Yup, sounds like a good idea.

From: Chris Wright @ 2011-09-14 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: Chris Wright, Peter Maydell, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Jan Kiszka,

@ 2011-09-15  8:13   ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2011-09-15  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: Chris Wright, Peter Maydell, KVM list, Jan Kiszka, qemu-devel,
	Richard Henderson

Avi Kivity <avi@redhat.com> wrote:
> I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so
> that more people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to
> catch some bugs or deficiency.  I'd like to use the next kvm
> conference call slot for this (Tuesday 1400 UTC) since many people
> already have it reserved in the schedule.
>
> It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present,
> rather than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually
> participates in the kvm weekly call.
>
> Juan, Chris, can we dedicate next week's call to this?

I think so.

Later, Juan.

From: Juan Quintela @ 2011-09-15  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: Chris Wright, Peter Maydell, KVM list, Jan Kiszka, qemu-devel,
	Richard Henderson

@ 2011-09-19  9:27   ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2011-09-19  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: Chris Wright, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Jan Kiszka, qemu-devel,
	Richard Henderson

On 14 September 2011 16:07, Avi Kivity <avi@redhat.com> wrote:
> I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so that
> more people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to catch some
> bugs or deficiency.  I'd like to use the next kvm conference call slot for
> this (Tuesday 1400 UTC) since many people already have it reserved in the
> schedule.
>
> It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present, rather
> than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually participates in
> the kvm weekly call.

I can dial in if that's useful -- are the dialin details available somewhere?

thanks
-- PMM

From: Peter Maydell @ 2011-09-19  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: Chris Wright, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Jan Kiszka, qemu-devel,

@ 2011-09-20 13:50   ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2011-09-20 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: qemu-devel, KVM list, Juan Quintela, Chris Wright, Jan Kiszka,
	Richard Henderson, Peter Maydell

On 09/14/2011 10:07 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
> I would like to carry out an online code review of the memory API so that more
> people are familiar with the internals, and perhaps even to catch some bugs or
> deficiency. I'd like to use the next kvm conference call slot for this (Tuesday
> 1400 UTC) since many people already have it reserved in the schedule.
>
> It would be great if people from the wider qemu community be present, rather
> than the usual "x86 is everything" crowd (+Jan) that usually participates in the
> kvm weekly call.
>
> Juan, Chris, can we dedicate next week's call to this?
>
> We'll also need a way to disseminate a few slides and an editor session for
> showing the code. We have an elluminate account that can be used for this, but
> usually this has a 50% failure rate on Linux. Anthony, perhaps we can set up a
> view-only vnc reflector on qemu.org?

The reflector is at:

qemu.osuosl.org:0

Regards,