* [LARTC] Anything out there that is similar to Cisco's WFQ?
@ 2002-07-10 15:57 CIT/Paul
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: CIT/Paul @ 2002-07-10 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

I've looked all over the place and I can't find
Any queuing mechanism that is similar to the "fair-queue" on Cisco.
It seems to work better than anything else that I have ever seen to
create
Lower latency for connections.

This is what it does in brief (flow based WFQ)
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/q
os_c/qcpart2/qcwfq.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) This is much better than SFQ :>

Paul

* [LARTC] Anything out there that is similar to Cisco's WFQ?
@ 2002-07-10 19:55 ` Don Cohen
From: Don Cohen @ 2002-07-10 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

 > From: "CIT/Paul" <xerox@foonet.net>
 > Any help would be greatly appreciated :) This is much better than SFQ :>

Sounds like SFQ to me.  Can you tell us what the differences are?

* Re: [LARTC] Anything out there that is similar to Cisco's WFQ?
@ 2002-07-10 20:31 ` Michael T. Babcock
From: Michael T. Babcock @ 2002-07-10 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Don Cohen wrote:

> > From: "CIT/Paul" <xerox@foonet.net>
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated :) This is much better than SFQ :>
>
>Sounds like SFQ to me.  Can you tell us what the differences are?

PRIO'd SFQ.

If you had classful PRIO with SFQ on each band, you'd probably have a
similar effect to what's been described; just a guess though.  It seems
the desire is to 'ignore' low-priority bands if high-priority bands have
traffic, and to balance between those sessions.
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.

* RE: [LARTC] Anything out there that is similar to Cisco's WFQ?
@ 2002-07-11  2:15 ` S Mohan
From: S Mohan @ 2002-07-11  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Try sfq qdisc as a leaf within a class.