* [LARTC] Tc complaining about htp
@ 2003-06-09 17:14 Ethy H. Brito
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Ethy H. Brito @ 2003-06-09 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Dears

I got

# tc qdisc add dev eth0  root handle 1: htb default FFFF r2q 1
Unknown qdisc "htb", hence option "default" is unparsable

"grep"ing the kernel map file System.map I can see the htb routines since
I compile HTP support hard-wired.

# grep htb /boot/System.map
c01daa10 T htb_hash
c01daa30 T htb_find
c01daa80 T htb_classify
c01dabb0 T htb_debug_dump
c01daee0 T htb_add_to_id_tree

I am using:
Slackware 9.0 w/ kernel 2.4.20
iproute2-2.4.7-now-ss020116-try

[*] QoS and/or fair queueing
<*>   CBQ packet scheduler
<*>   HTB packet scheduler
<*>   SFQ queue
[*]   QoS support
[*]     Rate estimator

Is there any other option I must set to make it work?

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
(012) 3941-6860        X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
Sao Jose dos Campos   / \

* Re: [LARTC] Tc complaining about htp
@ 2003-06-09 17:18 ` Stef Coene
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Stef Coene @ 2003-06-09 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Monday 09 June 2003 19:14, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
> Dears
>
> I got
>
> # tc qdisc add dev eth0  root handle 1: htb default FFFF r2q 1
> Unknown qdisc "htb", hence option "default" is unparsable
>
> "grep"ing the kernel map file System.map I can see the htb routines since
> I compile HTP support hard-wired.
>
> # grep htb /boot/System.map
> c01daa10 T htb_hash
> c01daa30 T htb_find
> c01daa80 T htb_classify
> c01dabb0 T htb_debug_dump
> c01daee0 T htb_add_to_id_tree
>
> I am using:
> Slackware 9.0 w/ kernel 2.4.20
> iproute2-2.4.7-now-ss020116-try
>
> [*] QoS and/or fair queueing
> <*>   CBQ packet scheduler
> <*>   HTB packet scheduler
> <*>   SFQ queue
> [*]   QoS support
> [*]     Rate estimator
>
> Is there any other option I must set to make it work?
No, but you need a tc binary with htb support.  You can download the needed
patch from the htb homepage.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"

* Re: [LARTC] Tc complaining about htp
@ 2003-06-09 17:19 ` Martin A. Brown
From: Martin A. Brown @ 2003-06-09 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Ethy,

 : # tc qdisc add dev eth0  root handle 1: htb default FFFF r2q 1
 : Unknown qdisc "htb", hence option "default" is unparsable

Are you using a tc with support for HTB?  If not, get a binary here:

  http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/download/

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@securepipe.com

* Re: [LARTC] Tc complaining about htp
@ 2003-06-09 17:45 ` Ethy H. Brito
From: Ethy H. Brito @ 2003-06-09 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Stef Coene wrote:

> On Monday 09 June 2003 19:14, Ethy H. Brito wrote:

> > Is there any other option I must set to make it work?
> No, but you need a tc binary with htb support.  You can download the needed
> patch from the htb homepage.

A little bit better but still doen't work:

# /sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default FFFF r2q 1
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

What now??

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
(012) 3941-6860        X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
Sao Jose dos Campos   / \

* Re: [LARTC] Tc complaining about htp
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-06-09 17:56 ` Stef Coene
From: Stef Coene @ 2003-06-09 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Monday 09 June 2003 19:45, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Stef Coene wrote:
> > On Monday 09 June 2003 19:14, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
> > > Is there any other option I must set to make it work?
> >
> > No, but you need a tc binary with htb support.  You can download the
> > needed patch from the htb homepage.
>
> A little bit better but still doen't work:
>
> # /sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default FFFF r2q 1
> RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
Remove default FFFF

Stef