* Re: [LARTC] looking for bridging/filtering info
@ 2003-06-22 15:24 Trevor Warren
From: Trevor Warren @ 2003-06-22 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hello There,

 You are looking in the wrong place dear. RTFM iptables howto. The url
for the same would be www.tldp.org.

Trevor

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 04:04, D. Stimits wrote:
> I'm using a linux bridge with ipchains (will be setting up some shaping
> in the near future), and looking for any current doc on specifics of
> ipchains filtering on a bridge (e.g., input and output chains become a
> bit of a paradox). At the moment, I'm looking for ways to defeat
> Microsoft popup spammers from www.byebyeads.com (they want the end user
> to pay them an extortion fee to stop sending popups that crash some
> windows apps). I already had ports 137 through 139 blocked to all
> tcp/udp, and recently added 135, but there also seem to be some
> broadcast methods of getting in, plus NetBEUI or variants, which will
> require more interesting ipchains rules. Thus, I'm especially interested
> in getting more info on how (using a linux bridge) I can stop various
> forms of broadcast attacks (which I am very unclear on the nature of).
>
> D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com

( >-    GNU/LINUX, It's all about CHOICE      -< )
/~\    __  trevor@clovertechnologies.com  __   /~\
|  \) /  Pre Sales Consultant - Red Hat     \ (/ |
|_|_  \    9820349221(M) | 22881326(O)      / _|_|

* [LARTC] looking for bridging/filtering info
@ 2003-06-22 22:34 ` D. Stimits