* [LARTC] Transparent Bridge and classifying
@ 2003-07-11 13:07 Ivan Groenewald
From: Ivan Groenewald @ 2003-07-11 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi

I would like classify and then shape traffic based on destination, but on
a transparent bridge.

I understand that in a routed situation I could mark the packet with
iptables, but as I understand iptables only apply to routed traffic,  not
bridged traffic.

What I want to do is limit traffic to a certain destination to a certain
rate. Lets say dest 192.168.0.0/24 to 64k and then anything not matched to
that network (!192.168.0.0/24) is shaped to say 32k.

Does tc allow a "!" character? Or could I define two tc statements ? Say
first one to classify dest 192.168.0.0/24 and then the next one to
classify dest 0/0 ? Will that match sequentially...? (don't think so)

Any help or ideas will be appreciated!

Ivan

* Re: [LARTC] Transparent Bridge and classifying
@ 2003-07-11 15:24 ` Stef Coene
From: Stef Coene @ 2003-07-11 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Friday 11 July 2003 15:07, Ivan Groenewald wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like classify and then shape traffic based on destination, but on
> a transparent bridge.
>
> I understand that in a routed situation I could mark the packet with
> iptables, but as I understand iptables only apply to routed traffic,  not
> bridged traffic.
You can use ebtables.

> What I want to do is limit traffic to a certain destination to a certain
> rate. Lets say dest 192.168.0.0/24 to 64k and then anything not matched to
> that network (!192.168.0.0/24) is shaped to say 32k.
>
> Does tc allow a "!" character? Or could I define two tc statements ? Say
> first one to classify dest 192.168.0.0/24 and then the next one to
> classify dest 0/0 ? Will that match sequentially...? (don't think so)
Yes

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org