* [LARTC] slowing down traffic to a certain port
@ 2003-07-13 11:21 Radu Maurer
From: Radu Maurer @ 2003-07-13 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

This is my first attempt at understanding lartc:

I want to throttle outgoing bandwidth fo a certain tcp port and leave
other traffic the way it was.

so I put a prio qdisc at the root of eth0 (dummy priomap since i want to use
filters to switch bands):
$ tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio bands 2 priomap 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

then attach a tbf qdisc at 1:2 :
$ tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:2 handle 20: tbf rate 2kbit buffer 100 limit 300

now i want traffic to port 4662 to be enqueued to the tbf qdisc:
$ tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip sport 4662 0xffff flowid 1:2
but it doesn't work:
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

why? wrong syntax?

thanks
Radu

* Re: [LARTC] slowing down traffic to a certain port
@ 2003-07-17 20:07 ` Stef Coene
From: Stef Coene @ 2003-07-17 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Sunday 13 July 2003 13:21, Radu Maurer wrote:
> This is my first attempt at understanding lartc:
>
> I want to throttle outgoing bandwidth fo a certain tcp port and leave
> other traffic the way it was.
>
> so I put a prio qdisc at the root of eth0 (dummy priomap since i want to
> use filters to switch bands):
> $ tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio bands 2 priomap 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
>
> then attach a tbf qdisc at 1:2 :
> $ tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:2 handle 20: tbf rate 2kbit buffer 100
> limit 300
>
> now i want traffic to port 4662 to be enqueued to the tbf qdisc:
> $ tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip sport
> 4662 0xffff flowid 1:2 but it doesn't work:
> RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
See lartc.org and docum.org for more information / scripts / tips about
traffic shaping.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org