* [LARTC] multi-ISP connections
@ 2003-08-20 22:31 Yaw Ofori-Adjei
From: Yaw Ofori-Adjei @ 2003-08-20 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

I would appreciate help in the follwoing regard
I have a linux box with IP 172.17.17.1 running squid-cache as transparent proxy for users on my Lan. I am fortunate to be in a building where two ISPs operate. I therefore connected to ISP1 via an ethernet through a router installed at my premises.

The gateway of linux box is set to 172.17.17.2 which is the IP of this router.
I would like to set up the second ISP connection also my via ethernet cable through another router into my lan so that I can a redundant connection in case one fails and also achieve load balancing between the 2 conections.
The IP of the second router is 10.58.85.16.

How do I go about solving the problem? I would appreciate all help I can get.
Thank you
Yaw
This is the network diagram
     ISP1                          ISP2
       |                                |
       |                                |
    Router1                     Router2
 (172.17.17.2)             (10.58.85.16)
 Transparent Squid                       Lan Users
    (172.17.17.1)