* [LARTC] Bandwidth Monitoring
@ 2003-08-29 11:27 Sathyan
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Sathyan @ 2003-08-29 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hello All,

Is there any way to findout the bandwidth used by a client(LAN user), from
Linux gateway server.

I have to take monthly statistics of bandwidth used by a client (LAN user).

FYI i am using CBQ for bandwidth control

Regards
Sathi

* Re: [LARTC] Bandwidth Monitoring
@ 2003-08-29 11:44 ` Stef Coene
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Stef Coene @ 2003-08-29 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Friday 29 August 2003 13:15, Sathyan wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is there any way to findout the bandwidth used by a client(LAN user), from
> Linux gateway server.
If it's only for one client, you can create an iptables with his ip address.
You then can read the iptabels counters each 5 minutes to get his bandwidth.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"

* Re: [LARTC] Bandwidth Monitoring
@ 2003-08-29 11:54 ` Joel
From: Joel @ 2003-08-29 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Sathi........

In linux server just install iptraf and then you can view the traffic on
per ip basis. First you have to match ip address and its mac address
then you can match that in iptraf and then you can see the incoming and
outgoing traffic of particular client on ip basis.

Joel

@ 2003-08-30  8:43 ` miller69
From: miller69 @ 2003-08-30  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

> Is there any way to findout the bandwidth used by a client(LAN user), from
> Linux gateway server.
>
> I have to take monthly statistics of bandwidth used by a client (LAN
> user).
You could use iptables for that purpose. If you just want to monitor a
single client you have to setup a simple rule. If you want to monitor a whole
network there is an iptables extension called ipstats. I believe it's exactly
what you want then. Go to www.netfilter.org and grep the mail archives for
ipstats. There you will find some examples and a link to download ipstats. If the
link isn't valid any more I could send it to you.

Regards,
Mike

* Re: [LARTC] Bandwidth Monitoring
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-09-02  9:53 ` Sathi
From: Sathi @ 2003-09-02  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hello Mike,

Thanks for pointing out this software.I am trying to configure this software
and i am facing problem in mysql-jdbc connector driver.

I have one more doubt on IPStat itself:
I read the README file in that it has given the user information..
1. do we need to feed the data in the database are there is any txt file to
enter this information show that we can add this information into database
using script.
2. Here they said that invert is true or false Is 0 represents true or false
in the database

Is there any good document on IPStat?

If you are using this tool what is the version of j2sdk,mysql-jdbc
connector,tomcat because i am getting

error: PoolManager: Can't register JDBC driver: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver :
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
error: PoolManager: Can't register JDBC driver: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver :
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
etc

Regards,
Sathi