* [LARTC] trafic shaping with aliases
@ 2003-10-10  9:19 Aleksandar Simonovski
From: Aleksandar Simonovski @ 2003-10-10  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi,
This is my scenario

   1.---------

   2.---------
		| <-------> HUB <-----> ETH1 <--- SHAPER ---> ETH0 <-----> INTERNET
   3.---------

   4.---------

1,2,3 and 4 are all different networks
ETH1 has four aliases whic are gateways for 1,2,3 and 4
can some help me with using HTB or CBQ for limiting the four diferent networks

1. 128KBit
2. 64KBit
3. 512Kbit
4. 192KBit

thaks,
Aleksandar

* Re: [LARTC] trafic shaping with aliases
@ 2003-10-10 11:18 ` Nikolay Datchev
From: Nikolay Datchev @ 2003-10-10 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Think about the four networks like networks, all the four are at the same
physical interface - eth1, and aliases doesn't matter. So, you put the
root class and qdisc at eth1, create four subclasses for each network,
attach qdiscs and create four filters, each filter for one network.

-- Nikolay Datchev