* [LARTC] How to get router involved in QoS?
@ 2003-10-11  8:23 Vladimir Trebicky
From: Vladimir Trebicky @ 2003-10-11  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi,

   I have a router which QoSes traffic for local network (both in and
out direction). I would also download traffic generated by router to
be involved in QoS. Link capacity is st about 800kbps and we shape it
with htb to 512. Is it possible? Thanks,

 Vladimir Trebicky                          mailto:trebicky@xhost.cz

* Re: [LARTC] How to get router involved in QoS?
@ 2003-10-13 18:52 ` Stef Coene
From: Stef Coene @ 2003-10-13 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Saturday 11 October 2003 10:23, Vladimir Trebicky wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I have a router which QoSes traffic for local network (both in and
> out direction). I would also download traffic generated by router to
> be involved in QoS. Link capacity is st about 800kbps and we shape it
> with htb to 512. Is it possible? Thanks,
It's only possible if you know the difference between the normal traffic and
the traffic generated on the box.  If this box is also natting, you have a
problem because the src ip address of all packets are rewritten.

Stef

--
stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"