* [LARTC] Iptables connbytes
@ 2003-11-03 21:31 Todor Neshev
From: Todor Neshev @ 2003-11-03 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

	Hello,
Is it possible to mark packets from particular IP and if it downloads
over 100Kbytes, then it enters in CBQ shaper 32kbit/s for example ?
My kernel is 2.4.22.
If someone experimented with connection bytes patch please answer me.

Regards,
Todor Neshev

* Re: [LARTC] Iptables connbytes
@ 2003-11-04  8:54 ` Cezar Atanasiu
From: Cezar Atanasiu @ 2003-11-04  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 23:31, Todor Neshev wrote:
> 	Hello,
> Is it possible to mark packets from particular IP and if it downloads
> over 100Kbytes, then it enters in CBQ shaper 32kbit/s for example ?
> My kernel is 2.4.22.
> If someone experimented with connection bytes patch please answer me.

I did, and I am running it since I saw it first anounced on the list,
and works really smooth ( ymmv ).

I declare a download class and after that I mark the packets like this :
$i -t mangle -A PREROUTING -m connbytes --connbytes 307200: -j MARK
                                                        --set-mark 3

and then :

$tc filter add dev $dev parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 3 fw
                                                        classid 1:30

this allows me to do dynamic shaping, shaping that keeps track of
medium/large downloads and takes action when those are detected.

hope it helps.

> Regards,
> Todor Neshev

Cezar ATANASIU