* [LARTC] Load balancing and Hight disponibility, but when a link fails, the whole thing stops working
@ 2003-11-04 23:23 GoMi
From: GoMi @ 2003-11-04 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

* Re: [LARTC] Load balancing and Hight disponibility, but when a link
@ 2003-11-05  6:19 ` Vadiraj C S
From: Vadiraj C S @ 2003-11-05  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi,

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, GoMi wrote:

> Hi there, i have a setup based on hight disponibility and load balancing, and when any of the adsl lines stops working, the kernel does not recognices that the route is down, and my clients only get access to the internet if they are luckilly NATed thought the other ADSL. I have the script running every minute pinging both ADSL's, but it does not work. ANYONE?

 You must be doing only load balancing, If you want the kernel to detect
 the dead gateway and make the link switch over, you need to have julian
 dead gateway detection patch. That should solve your problem, if you
 are already using it then you need to flush the cache for the switch
 over. In your ping script flush the cache at regular intervals or at
 every link failure.

regards
Vadiraj C S