* [LARTC] Two uplink provides with debian ( woody ) - problem to insert route in a table
@ 2003-11-05  0:59 alisson-empresas-seguranca
From: alisson-empresas-seguranca @ 2003-11-05  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hello,

I'm trying to configure iproute2 with two providers in a Load balancing configuration according "Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO".

I'm working with two links:
- static ip (adsl link - 256Kbps)
- dynamic ip (512kbps).

In my HedHat 7.2 everything works well, but in my debian (woody) something wrong is going on. First I have to create two tables, one for each provider. That's ok, but when I try to add an route to one of these tables, it goes to main table.

# ip route add default via $P1 table T1
looks OK, but the route goes to table main

# ip route add default via $P2 table T2
NOK, because it goes to table main too, not to table T2.

Any clues???

Thanks in advance,

* Re: [LARTC] Two uplink provides with debian ( woody ) - problem to insert route in a table
@ 2003-11-05  4:23 ` Sebastian A. Aresca
From: Sebastian A. Aresca @ 2003-11-05  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Try this

ip route $P1 default scope global nexthop via 10.129.30.1 dev eth0 weight 1
\
nexthop via 10.129.31.1 dev eth1 weight 1

@ 2003-11-05 10:05 ` Thomas Themel
From: Thomas Themel @ 2003-11-05 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi,
alisson-empresas-seguranca@mt4.com.br wrote on 2003-11-05:
> In my HedHat 7.2 everything works well, but in my debian (woody)
> something wrong is going on. First I have to create two tables, one
> for each provider. That's ok, but when I try to add an route to one of
> these tables, it goes to main table.

It sounds stupid, I know, but it happened to me before:

Do you have duplicate numeric ids in /etc/iproute2/rt_tables?

ciao,
--
[*Thomas  Themel*] [...] this quickly escalated into a Holy War with Emacs
[extended contact] users on one side and Jeep Wrangler drivers on the other.