* [EMG]incomplete pgs make RGW unusable
@ 2015-05-19  0:06 flisky
From: flisky @ 2015-05-19  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi core developers,

Sorry, I have to raise this from user list because there is no response.

I reformat the disks to increase osd journal size. During the process, I
lost 9 pgs.

The incomplete pgs belong to the pool .rgw.buckets, which causes slow
requests and make RGW unusable.
I have to restart the OSDs and RGWs time to time, to make RGW responsible.

The most scary things happen. I cannot recovery the incomplete pgs.

[force_create_pg](http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10098) marks it a
feature to handle this.

The [blog](https://ceph.com/community/incomplete-pgs-oh-my/) is not
working, either.

And finally I give up the recovery, and use 'rados cppool' to copy our
huge pool, it's STUCK...

I'm very frustrated, and very surprised that Ceph doesn't offer a way to
just let the lost data lost.

Could anyone give any advise on this? Thanks!

Sincerely,

* Re: [EMG]incomplete pgs make RGW unusable
@ 2015-05-19  8:57 ` flisky
From: flisky @ 2015-05-19  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

I follow the instruction from
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10411#note-4, and finally get
force_create_pg work.

Thanks, Brian Rak. It helps a lot.

And, it would be great if the
[feature](http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10098) is implemented.

BR,

@ 2015-05-19 14:42   ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2015-05-19 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flisky; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Tue, 19 May 2015, flisky wrote:
> I follow the instruction from http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10411#note-4, and
> finally get force_create_pg work.
>
> Thanks, Brian Rak. It helps a lot.
>
> And, it would be great if the [feature](http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10098)
> is implemented.

I've bumped this up toward the top of the backlog.. it shouldn't be
terribly difficult to implement!

sage

@ 2015-05-19 15:30     ` flisky
From: flisky @ 2015-05-19 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)