* Re: cml1.bbclass: Return sorted list of cfg files
@ 2021-05-17 10:22 Volker Vogelhuber
From: Volker Vogelhuber @ 2021-05-17 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

The commit dee41e92f0efac7e453597bed4b4c02f867e3aa9 has introduced a behavior change when adding different cfg files configuring the same configs.

So e.g. when configuring busybox, the default recipe adds a syslog.cfg which enables CONFIG_SYSLOGD=y.
So far we had a .bbappend file that adds another .cfg file "disable_syslog.cfg" that changes this to "# CONFIG_SYSLOGD is not set".

As the SRC_URI files are now sorted alphabetically, this results in the disable_syslog.cfg being passed to merge_config.sh before syslog.cfg which in the end is not what we intended.
We solved it now by doing a SRC_URI_remove in the bbappend, but I'm not sure, if that sorting is causing side effects in other places as well.

* Re: [OE-core] cml1.bbclass: Return sorted list of cfg files
@ 2021-05-17 10:26 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2021-05-17 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Volker Vogelhuber, openembedded-core

On Mon, 2021-05-17 at 03:22 -0700, Volker Vogelhuber wrote:
> The commit dee41e92f0efac7e453597bed4b4c02f867e3aa9 has introduced a behavior
> change when adding different cfg files configuring the same configs.
>
> So e.g. when configuring busybox, the default recipe adds a syslog.cfg
> which enables CONFIG_SYSLOGD=y. So far we had a .bbappend file that adds
> another .cfg file "disable_syslog.cfg" that changes this to
> "#CONFIG_SYSLOGD is not set".
>
> As the SRC_URI files are now sorted alphabetically, this results in the
> disable_syslog.cfg being passed to merge_config.sh before syslog.cfg
> which in the end is not what we intended.
> We solved it now by doing a SRC_URI_remove in the bbappend, but I'm
> not sure, if that sorting is causing side effects in other places as well.

I think the issue was elsewhere and we should revert this change.

Cheers,

Richard