* Re: Linux pNFS status meeting 07/15
       [not found] <OF01D34025.9BF2DCCC-ON88257760.007510C5-88257760.007530DA@us.ibm.com>
@ 2010-07-14 21:29 ` J. Bruce Fields
From: J. Bruce Fields @ 2010-07-14 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Eshel; +Cc: linux-nfs

@ 2010-07-15 17:28   ` J. Bruce Fields
From: J. Bruce Fields @ 2010-07-15 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Eshel; +Cc: linux-nfs

Notes:

Bruce:
	- nothing to report (transitioning to new hardware, etc.)

Trond:
	- did some fsync cleanup
	- bugfixes to handling of ERR_DELAY on sequence operations.
	- preparing for rpc changes required for migration.
		(some discusison here of idempotency problems on
		migration/reboot)

Benny:
	- Included Trond's delay/sequence fix
	(missed some additional discussion)

Andy:
	- simplification of write_pagelist/read_pagelist prototypes
	- making sure layouts removed on server reboot
	- looking at layout commit/reclaim issues in preparation for
	  discussion at Maastricht.
	- wants to rename some structures; will mail proposal to list.

Jim Rees:
	- bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
	  quite yet.

Steved:
	- Discussion of RHEL prospects.  When will we have some pnfs
	  patches that are ready to review?  Concensus seems to be
	  2.6.36 will be too early.  Ricardo, Benny think 2.6.37
	  possible to finish up remaining work, squash changes into a
	  single cleaned-up patch series.  Trond reminds that adequate
	  time is required before merge window for review, especially
	  for large change.  Benny volunteering to do squashing.

--b.

* Re: Linux pNFS status meeting 07/15
@ 2010-07-15 18:24     ` Jim Rees
From: Jim Rees @ 2010-07-15 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields; +Cc: Marc Eshel, linux-nfs

J. Bruce Fields wrote:

  Jim Rees:
  	- bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
  	  quite yet.

Actually that's not quite what I intended to say.  The patches are ready to
go and have passed cthon tests against both EMC and spnfs servers.  I would
have sent them already but I'm conservative and rebasing to the
pnfs-all-latest branch, which changed yesterday.  Look for the patches
within the next hour or two.

* Re: Linux pNFS status meeting 07/15
@ 2010-07-15 20:26     ` sfaibish
From: sfaibish @ 2010-07-15 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields, Marc Eshel; +Cc: linux-nfs, nfsv4 list

=46all BAT update
Hotel reservation is posted at:
http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/NFSv4Bakeathon

I will update the webpage later today at:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/citi_bakeathon/15th_nfsv4_bake=
athon.html

/Sorin

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:28:36 -0400, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@fieldses.o=
rg> =20
wrote:

> Notes:
>
> Bruce:
> 	- nothing to report (transitioning to new hardware, etc.)
>
> Trond:
> 	- did some fsync cleanup
> 	- bugfixes to handling of ERR_DELAY on sequence operations.
> 	- preparing for rpc changes required for migration.
> 		(some discusison here of idempotency problems on
> 		migration/reboot)
>
> Benny:
> 	- Included Trond's delay/sequence fix
> 	(missed some additional discussion)
>
> Andy:
> 	- simplification of write_pagelist/read_pagelist prototypes
> 	- making sure layouts removed on server reboot
> 	- looking at layout commit/reclaim issues in preparation for
> 	  discussion at Maastricht.
> 	- wants to rename some structures; will mail proposal to list.
>
> Jim Rees:
> 	- bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
> 	  quite yet.
>
> Steved:
> 	- Discussion of RHEL prospects.  When will we have some pnfs
> 	  patches that are ready to review?  Concensus seems to be
> 	  2.6.36 will be too early.  Ricardo, Benny think 2.6.37
> 	  possible to finish up remaining work, squash changes into a
> 	  single cleaned-up patch series.  Trond reminds that adequate
> 	  time is required before merge window for review, especially
> 	  for large change.  Benny volunteering to do squashing.
>
> --b.
in

--=20
Best Regards

Sorin Faibish
Corporate Distinguished Engineer
Network Storage Group

         EMC=B2
where information lives

Phone: 508-435-1000 x 48545
Cellphone: 617-510-0422
Email : sfaibish@emc.com

* Re: [nfsv4] Linux pNFS status meeting 07/15
@ 2010-07-17 14:58       ` Sorin Faibish
From: Sorin Faibish @ 2010-07-17 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfaibish, J. Bruce Fields, Marc Eshel; +Cc: linux-nfs, nfsv4 list

The Fall BAT webpage was updated with all the correct hotel reservation =20
forms:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/citi_bakeathon/15th_nfsv4_bakeatho=
n.html

Sorry for the delay.

/Sorin

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:26:02 -0400, sfaibish <sfaibish@emc.com> wrote:

> Fall BAT update
> Hotel reservation is posted at:
> http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/NFSv4Bakeathon
>
> I will update the webpage later today at:
> http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/citi_bakeathon/15th_nfsv4_bakeat=
hon.html

> /Sorin
>

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:28:36 -0400, J. Bruce Fields =20
> <bfields@fieldses.org> wrote:
>

>> Notes:
>>
>> Bruce:
>> 	- nothing to report (transitioning to new hardware, etc.)
>>
>> Trond:
>> 	- did some fsync cleanup
>> 	- bugfixes to handling of ERR_DELAY on sequence operations.
>> 	- preparing for rpc changes required for migration.
>> 		(some discusison here of idempotency problems on
>> 		migration/reboot)
>>
>> Benny:
>> 	- Included Trond's delay/sequence fix
>> 	(missed some additional discussion)
>>
>> Andy:
>> 	- simplification of write_pagelist/read_pagelist prototypes
>> 	- making sure layouts removed on server reboot
>> 	- looking at layout commit/reclaim issues in preparation for
>> 	  discussion at Maastricht.
>> 	- wants to rename some structures; will mail proposal to list.
>>
>> Jim Rees:
>> 	- bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
>> 	  quite yet.
>>
>> Steved:
>> 	- Discussion of RHEL prospects.  When will we have some pnfs
>> 	  patches that are ready to review?  Concensus seems to be
>> 	  2.6.36 will be too early.  Ricardo, Benny think 2.6.37
>> 	  possible to finish up remaining work, squash changes into a
>> 	  single cleaned-up patch series.  Trond reminds that adequate
>> 	  time is required before merge window for review, especially
>> 	  for large change.  Benny volunteering to do squashing.
>>
>> --b.
>> --

--=20
Best Regards