* TP-LINK wireless USB adapter don't work.
@ 2013-07-25 16:47 atar
From: atar @ 2013-07-25 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-8-i; format=flowed; delsp=yes, Size: 531 bytes --]

aHi there!!

I've a TP-LINK USB wireless adapter with model number TL-WN722N. When I
plug it in to one of the USB slots in my PC, its LED diode isn't flashing
(although under WIN XP it is flashing) and I cannot use it. from the
messages of the 'dmesg' command it seems that the kernel detect it, but I
unable to use it because it doesn't appear on the wicd window of available
interfaces.

My Linux distro is Debian squeeze with kernel 2.6.32-5-686.

What should I do in order to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

* Re: TP-LINK wireless USB adapter don't work.
@ 2013-07-25 18:08 ` Oleksij Rempel
From: Oleksij Rempel @ 2013-07-25 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: atar; +Cc: linux-wireless

Am 25.07.2013 18:47, schrieb atar:
> aHi there!!
>
> I've a TP-LINK USB wireless adapter with model number TL-WN722N. When I
> plug it in to one of the USB slots in my PC, its LED diode isn't
> flashing (although under WIN XP it is flashing) and I cannot use it.
> from the messages of the 'dmesg' command it seems that the kernel detect
> it, but I unable to use it because it doesn't appear on the wicd window
> of available interfaces.
>
> My Linux distro is Debian squeeze with kernel 2.6.32-5-686.
>
> What should I do in order to solve this problem?

It is ath9k-htc based adapter. Please update your kernel and use latest
firmware. I think Debian squeeze do not provided this firmware, so you
should install it manually.

Oleksij

* Re: TP-LINK wireless USB adapter don't work.
@ 2013-07-26 14:22   ` atar
From: atar @ 2013-07-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleksij Rempel; +Cc: linux-wireless

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-8-i; format=flowed; delsp=yes, Size: 959 bytes --]

Thank you about your answer, but how can I install the firmware? which
processes are need to be taken in order to accomplish the firmware
installation and configuration?

Thanks in advance!!

atar.

@ 2013-07-26 15:00     ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-07-26 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: atar; +Cc: Oleksij Rempel, linux-wireless

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM, atar <atar.yosef@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you about your answer, but how can I install the firmware? which
> processes are need to be taken in order to accomplish the firmware
> installation and configuration?

Please, do not top-post.

You should get a bit familiar with your operating system.
This mailing-list is no $distro support-channel.

We now have Debian/wheezy (v7.x)!
You should upgrade (check release-notes and upgrade-process).
Can't say off-hand which of the firmware-package you need, just check
by yourself [1] (wild speculation: install firmware-linux-nonfree) or
consult one of Debian's WiFi wiki-pages.
Or ask on Debian's IRC channel for users - it's sometimes faster.

- Sedat -

[1] http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firmware

@ 2013-07-26 15:05       ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-07-26 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: atar; +Cc: Oleksij Rempel, linux-wireless

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM, atar <atar.yosef@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you about your answer, but how can I install the firmware? which
>> processes are need to be taken in order to accomplish the firmware
>> installation and configuration?
>>

> Please, do not top-post.
>
> You should get a bit familiar with your operating system.
> This mailing-list is no $distro support-channel.
>
> We now have Debian/wheezy (v7.x)!
> You should upgrade (check release-notes and upgrade-process).
> Can't say off-hand which of the firmware-package you need, just check
> by yourself [1] (wild speculation: install firmware-linux-nonfree) or
> consult one of Debian's WiFi wiki-pages.
> Or ask on Debian's IRC channel for users - it's sometimes faster.

If you insist on Debian/squeeze you can activate squeeze-backports
software-archive (or download it directly and install manually).
As these are only firmware-blobs you might take a higher version of the package.

- Sedat -

[1] http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firmware-atheros
[2] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/firmware-atheros