* reply to jeff message
@ 2003-09-17 18:55 marcello miorelli
From: marcello miorelli @ 2003-09-17 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

Jeff,
I like assembly very much, and I would love to get a
job with it, but what can I do? I could not  find
anything!!

I would love also to work with Linux, but what can I
do?

I am presently working with VB and Windows XP.

If there would be any position available, I am Italian
but wouldnt mind going away with this purpose.

Is your project available somewhere?
Hope you are all well.

=====
Marcello Miorelli - SoftByte Systems Ltda. 55 54 224 42 00  # 210
Senior Software Engineer Software Developer
Languages: C, C++,VB, Delphi, SQL,Assembly
Databases: Interbase, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle
Stored Procedures, Triggers and User Defined Functions
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/

* Assembler jobs and Strange software
@ 2003-09-18 16:10 ` jeff
From: jeff @ 2003-09-18 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 11:55 am, marcello miorelli wrote:
> Jeff,
> I like assembly very much, and I would love to get a
> job with it, but what can I do? I could not  find  anything!!

Hi Marcello,  I retired from asm programming about ten
years ago but it appears nothing has changed.  The jobs
are still available just at different places.  Usually, in areas
with new designs or special needs.  I doubt they are
advertised as assembly jobs.  Probably as product
design or digital logic designer.

> Is your project available somewhere?

I cloned an old Intel editor (my fingers can't do other
editors <grin>) and added in function keys to call "make"
files and debuggers.  Not many people would be interested
in this.  I thought a few assembly programmers might
want to look at the code and use some of the subroutines.
That is about it.  It might be interesting to someone who
wanted to create their own editor.  There are lots of comments
and it is very modular.

With our small community, It is probably not worth putting
this up on a web page so I've been mailing it out.  If you
want a copy let me know and I'll send it.

 All the best, jeff

* Re: Assembler jobs and Strange software
@ 2003-09-19  9:47   ` ted
From: ted @ 2003-09-19  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeff; +Cc: linux-assembly

Hi,

On Sep 18, 09:10, jeff wrote:

<snip>

>.With our small community, It is probably not worth putting
>.this up on a web page so I've been mailing it out.  If you
>.want a copy let me know and I'll send it.
>.
>. All the best, jeff
>.

i think the more samples of code that are accessible
publicly the better. Looking at code is how i have
learned in the past and i still do so today. Can't
offer you any web space though, sorry.

Anyhow, i'd like a copy please,

cheers

ted

--
                              .#.
                              /V\

* Re: Assembler jobs and Strange software
@ 2003-09-19 11:22     ` Matthew Harrison
From: Matthew Harrison @ 2003-09-19 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ted; +Cc: jeff, linux-assembly

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:47:30AM +0100, ted wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sep 18, 09:10, jeff wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >.With our small community, It is probably not worth putting
> >.this up on a web page so I've been mailing it out.  If you
> >.want a copy let me know and I'll send it.
> >.
> >. All the best, jeff
> >.

i'm trying to learn assembly although it's probably beyond me
at this stag. anyhow I wouldn't mind a copy of all that.

cheers

--

Mat Harrison			| email: matth@3d-computers.co.uk
3d Computer Systems Ltd.	| tel: ++441249 460 766

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 187 bytes --]

* Re: Assembler jobs and Strange software
@ 2003-09-20 12:09   ` Girish Begoor
From: Girish Begoor @ 2003-09-20 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeff; +Cc: linux-assembly

Hi Jeff,

It would be great, if u could spare me a copy.

I'm really thankfull to you. I have been working on
Assembly language for quiet some time.

Thanx in advance

Girish
--- jeff <jko@save-net.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2003 11:55 am, marcello
> miorelli wrote:
> > Jeff,
> > I like assembly very much, and I would love to get
> > job with it, but what can I do? I could not  find
> anything!!
>
> Hi Marcello,  I retired from asm programming about
> ten
> years ago but it appears nothing has changed.  The
> jobs
> are still available just at different places.
> Usually, in areas
> with new designs or special needs.  I doubt they are
> advertised as assembly jobs.  Probably as product
> design or digital logic designer.
>
> > Is your project available somewhere?
>
> I cloned an old Intel editor (my fingers can't do
> other
> editors <grin>) and added in function keys to call
> "make"
> files and debuggers.  Not many people would be
> interested
> in this.  I thought a few assembly programmers might
> want to look at the code and use some of the
> subroutines.
> That is about it.  It might be interesting to
> someone who
> wanted to create their own editor.  There are lots
> of comments
> and it is very modular.
>
> With our small community, It is probably not worth
> putting
> this up on a web page so I've been mailing it out.
> If you
> want a copy let me know and I'll send it.
>
>  All the best, jeff
>
> -
> "unsubscribe linux-assembly" in
> More majordomo info at

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

* Re: Assembler jobs and Strange software
@ 2003-09-20 13:15     ` linuxassembly
From: linuxassembly @ 2003-09-20 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

> It would be great, if u could spare me a copy.

Ok, this is getting silly.  I'm only using 2 of my 125 MB of web space.  If
Jeff will be so kind as to give me permission and send me a copy, I'll put
it at

http://www.evobsyniva.com/etc/

I'd kinda like to have a look at it myself anyway.

* Re: [OT] Re: Assembler jobs and Strange software
@ 2003-09-20 22:04         ` Brien
From: Brien @ 2003-09-20 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peter w krause; +Cc: linuxassembly, linux-assembly

I think it's not a type of "word" you should find in a dictionary
it's more of a name.. a name of a method, in this case (Condorcet Voting) --
is it not?

some things are called by their creators' name, though I'm not sure if that's
the case here

@ 2003-09-20 22:47       ` peter w krause
From: peter w krause @ 2003-09-20 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxassembly, linux-assembly

Linux,Assembly,Forth: http://www.lxhp.in-berlin.de/index-lx.shtml

@ 2003-09-21  0:27           ` peter w krause
From: peter w krause @ 2003-09-21  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: admin; +Cc: linuxassembly, linux-assembly

Brien am Samstag, 20. September 2003 23:04:
> I think it's not a type of "word" you should find in a dictionary
> it's more of a name.. a name of a method, in this case (Condorcet Voting)
> -- is it not?
>
> some things are called by their creators' name, though I'm not sure if
> that's the case here

I never heard of that name; the 'webster' lists such things, too.
anway, the website displays that he (who owns http://www.evobsyniva.com/etc/)
went to sleep, so we'll probably receive the answer a bit later... :)

hp

--

@ 2003-09-21  4:39         ` linuxassembly
From: linuxassembly @ 2003-09-21  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:47:06 +0100, peter w krause <wklux@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> your link: could you, shortly, explain the word 'condorcet'?

A lot of sites say it was 'invented' by an 18th century French
mathematician named Marquis
de Condorcet.  I have my doubts, since I thought of it just thinking about
voting one night and didn't find the name until several months later, so
there were probably a lot of people who 'invented' it before and after him,
but he must have done something extra special to get his name attached to
it.