* [U-Boot] Include FSP in u-boot.rom
@ 2017-11-07 14:13 vnktux
From: vnktux @ 2017-11-07 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi guys,

I need to generate a u-boot.rom image of exactly 8Mb that include only fsp.bin and vga.bin. The reason is because in my company we will use an Intel tool that already contain descriptor and intel ME for our platform.
Has been already 1 week that I am struggling to do this, if I specify the build command  BUILD_ROM=y u-boot keep asking for descriptor, fsp and me.bin. And anyway if I give all the blobs in imput the building doesnt succed and it complain that the rom file is bigger than my flash (which is impossible since fsp=1.5Mb, vga=400Kb, me=8Mb, and the selected flash size is 16Mb).
Can someone please help me with this?

Best regards,
Vincenzo

* [U-Boot] Include FSP in u-boot.rom
@ 2017-11-07 23:13 ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2017-11-07 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:13 PM, vnktux <vnktux@protonmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I need to generate a u-boot.rom image of exactly 8Mb that include only fsp.bin and vga.bin. The reason is because in my company we will use an Intel tool that already contain descriptor and intel ME for our platform.
> Has been already 1 week that I am struggling to do this, if I specify the build command  BUILD_ROM=y u-boot keep asking for descriptor, fsp and me.bin. And anyway if I give all the blobs in imput the building doesnt succed and it complain that the rom file is bigger than my flash (which is impossible since fsp=1.5Mb, vga=400Kb, me=8Mb, and the selected flash size is 16Mb).
> Can someone please help me with this?

Don't set BUILD_ROM=y and you should be able to generate a u-boot.rom
with FSP and VGA images.

Regards,
Bin

* [U-Boot] Include FSP in u-boot.rom
@ 2017-11-07 23:16   ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2017-11-07 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 7:13 AM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:13 PM, vnktux <vnktux@protonmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I need to generate a u-boot.rom image of exactly 8Mb that include only fsp.bin and vga.bin. The reason is because in my company we will use an Intel tool that already contain descriptor and intel ME for our platform.
>> Has been already 1 week that I am struggling to do this, if I specify the build command  BUILD_ROM=y u-boot keep asking for descriptor, fsp and me.bin. And anyway if I give all the blobs in imput the building doesnt succed and it complain that the rom file is bigger than my flash (which is impossible since fsp=1.5Mb, vga=400Kb, me=8Mb, and the selected flash size is 16Mb).
>> Can someone please help me with this?
>>

> Don't set BUILD_ROM=y and you should be able to generate a u-boot.rom
> with FSP and VGA images.

Sorry, just woke up.. I wanted to say:

Don't set CONFIG_HAVE_INTEL_ME and you should be able to generate a

@ 2017-11-08 13:40     ` vnktux
From: vnktux @ 2017-11-08 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

Super it works, thanks!!

One more question, I am still trying to port Broadwell-DE in U-boot as bare metal boot-loader. Could you please tell me what are the files that I have to port from Coreboot/src/soc/intel/fsp_broadwell_de? And are there any files I can re-use from U-Boot/arch/x86/broadwell? (I think that Broadwell and Broadwell-DE should share some things).

If you would like to review what I have done so far, I can give you the link of my gitlab repo.
Thanks in advance!