* Question about RGW lifecycle support status
@ 2017-01-06 13:17 liuchang0812
From: liuchang0812 @ 2017-01-06 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi, all

Our document says that "Bucket Lifecycle Not Supported" in
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/s3/ . But it seems that there
are a lot of code about lc in RGW. I want to confirm whether RGW
supported LC.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks

* Re: Question about RGW lifecycle support status
@ 2017-01-06 14:13 ` Matt Benjamin
From: Matt Benjamin @ 2017-01-06 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liuchang0812; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi,

Yes, you're correct, S3 object expiration support was added along with tests to verify those lifecycle actions (abe4b1378cc0e23e0da9c76c034c6d592b81b105, Ji Chen).  There's some information in the commit message and test framework in the worst case, but documentation should be brought up-to-date.

Regards,

Matt

> Our document says that "Bucket Lifecycle Not Supported" in
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/s3/ . But it seems that there
> are a lot of code about lc in RGW. I want to confirm whether RGW
> supported LC.
>
> Any comments appreciated. Thanks

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.
315 West Huron Street, Suite 140A
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103

http://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/storage

tel.  734-821-5101
fax.  734-769-8938
cel.  734-216-5309

* Re: Question about RGW lifecycle support status
@ 2017-01-06 14:57   ` liuchang0812
From: liuchang0812 @ 2017-01-06 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Benjamin; +Cc: ceph-devel

thank you very much!
 I will take a look and update document.

@ 2017-01-06 21:25   ` Robin H. Johnson
From: Robin H. Johnson @ 2017-01-06 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Benjamin; +Cc: liuchang0812, ceph-devel

Relatedly, because it caused some confusion elsewhere, Lifecycle was
merged (b63c3fa26fbecad046dcecf50f8bf11ff46fe29d) and then later
reverted in Jewel (9162bd29594d34429a09562ed60a32a0703940ea).

The Jewel release notes mention lifecycle being added, but NOT that it
was reverted.

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 09:13:57AM -0500, Matt Benjamin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, you're correct, S3 object expiration support was added along with tests to verify those lifecycle actions (abe4b1378cc0e23e0da9c76c034c6d592b81b105, Ji Chen).  There's some information in the commit message and test framework in the worst case, but documentation should be brought up-to-date.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt

Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
E-Mail   : robbat2@gentoo.org
GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136