* Re: Hotkeys generating input as well as ACPI events
       [not found]         ` <87pr22o83t.fsf-3AaVwj9c10wJYc8buCWFOBCuuivNXqWP@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-04-14  7:11           ` Corentin Chary
From: Corentin Chary @ 2010-04-14  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trent W. Buck
  Cc: debian-eeepc-devel-XbBxUvOt3X2LieD7tvxI8l/i77bcL1HB,
	acpi4asus-user-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f,
	linux-input-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Trent W. Buck <twb-3AaVwj9c10wJYc8buCWFOBCuuivNXqWP@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Corentin Chary <corentin.chary-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
> writes:
>
>> All seems ok and I was able to reproduce the issue (only in screen),
>
> Hmm; I can also reproduce this as root on vt2, without screen.  It's
> more obvious if I run "cat -A" before typing; otherwise I only see a ~
> and hear a beep.
>
>> but I don't really know what's the best way to fix it.
>> Isn't there any way to "ignore" an input device in screen/fbcon ?
>
> I don't know.  I guess that would be disconnecting
>
>    /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/input/input8
>    i.e. SUBSYSTEM=="input", NAME=="Asus EeePC extra buttons"
>
> ...from fbcon.  Obviously I don't want to disable the ACPI events, nor
> the normal keyboard input.  I'll try to find an fbcon guru.
>
> I might be able to patch terminfo/termcap entries to discard those
> escape sequences, but it feels like a bodge.

If there is no way to ignore an input device in userspace, maybe the
right way to do it is to add a way to disable an input device using
some /sys/ file.

CC-ing linux-input, they probably have something to tell about that.

--
Corentin Chary
http://xf.iksaif.net

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

* Re: [Acpi4asus-user] Hotkeys generating input as well as ACPI events
@ 2010-04-14 22:11             ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2010-04-14 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corentin Chary
  Cc: Trent W. Buck, acpi4asus-user, debian-eeepc-devel, linux-input

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 09:11:24AM +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Trent W. Buck <twb@cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> > Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@gmail.com>
> > writes:
> >
> >> All seems ok and I was able to reproduce the issue (only in screen),
> >
> > Hmm; I can also reproduce this as root on vt2, without screen.  It's
> > more obvious if I run "cat -A" before typing; otherwise I only see a ~
> > and hear a beep.
> >
> >> but I don't really know what's the best way to fix it.
> >> Isn't there any way to "ignore" an input device in screen/fbcon ?
> >
> > I don't know.  I guess that would be disconnecting
> >
> >    /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/input/input8
> >    i.e. SUBSYSTEM=="input", NAME=="Asus EeePC extra buttons"
> >
> > ...from fbcon.  Obviously I don't want to disable the ACPI events, nor
> > the normal keyboard input.  I'll try to find an fbcon guru.
> >
> > I might be able to patch terminfo/termcap entries to discard those
> > escape sequences, but it feels like a bodge.
> >

> If there is no way to ignore an input device in userspace, maybe the
> right way to do it is to add a way to disable an input device using
> some /sys/ file.
>
> CC-ing linux-input, they probably have something to tell about that.

I'd say kernel should settle on the delivery transport and simply not
use both.

--
Dmitry