* loop device needed for hdimage dosemu package setup
@ 2021-03-26 21:50 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2021-03-26 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

I don't know if this will make a difference or not, but I think I set up
an hdimage file for a 32mb dos hard drive.
What would commands or a command be to create a loop device
that would work well with a drive of this size?
I just found out about losetup and loop-control commands today so will be
new to both for a while.

* Re: loop device needed for hdimage dosemu package setup
@ 2021-03-27 14:59 ` Tavis Ormandy
From: Tavis Ormandy @ 2021-03-27 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

On 2021-03-26, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I don't know if this will make a difference or not, but I think I set up
> an hdimage file for a 32mb dos hard drive.
> What would commands or a command be to create a loop device
> that would work well with a drive of this size?
> I just found out about losetup and loop-control commands today so will be
> new to both for a while.

You could do that, but you're doing it the hard way. The more standard
way is to use the emulated filesystem, which just makes a regular
directory (usually ~/.dosemu/drive_c) look like a drive to DOS.

You can even attach/detach other directories as drives at runtime.

Tavis.

--
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger taviso@sdf.org