* Re: [Xenomai-help] error after timeout on serial port
@ 2007-02-23 15:23 Nicolas BLANCHARD
From: Nicolas BLANCHARD @ 2007-02-23 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan.Lauener; +Cc: xenomai

>Lauener Nathan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am polling on a serial port during an init sequence of a
positioning
>> device. Every once in a while I get a return code indicating that a
>> timeout occured, code -110 (ETIMEDOUT).

In the struct rtser_config you have the event_timeout parameter that
cause
ETIMEDOUT (if it's different than RTSER_DEF_TIMEOUT).
Have a look on rt_dev_ioctl(uiFd, RTSER_RTIOC_WAIT_EVENT, &rx_event ).

>After a timeout occured I can't
>> read the port anymore. Whenever I call rt_dev_read() again the
function
>> returns the error code -14 (EFAULT). Is there a flag I must clear to
get
>> the port operatioanl again?

Is your device correctly open (file descriptor>=0) ?

>I /tend/ to say it's an application bug, because we are using the
driver
>heavily, and our sluggish devices often cause timeouts during setup.
>Some colleague should have already slapped me otherwise. :)
>
>Are you sure that a valid buffer and a valid size is passed to
>rt_dev_read after the timeout (because those should be the reason for
>EFAULT)? If yes, maybe you can post a simple demo for the effect.
>
>Jan

Blanchard nicolas

[-- Attachment #2: HTML --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 1851 bytes --]

* Re: [Xenomai-help] error after timeout on serial port
@ 2007-02-23 14:51 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2007-02-23 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lauener Nathan; +Cc: xenomai

@ 2007-02-23 14:29 Lauener Nathan