* Realtec ALC898 supported?
@ 2014-01-17 21:03 Haug Bürger
From: Haug Bürger @ 2014-01-17 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

I would like to know if the new Realtec 89x chips are supported.

I found drivers on the Realtec site but the seem to be older than the
alsa-project.org drivers and I'm not sure if they support the 89x chips.

thanks
        Haug

* Re: Realtec ALC898 supported?
@ 2014-01-20  9:40 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2014-01-20  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Haug Bürger; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:03:33 +0100,
Haug Bürger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if the new Realtec 89x chips are supported.
>
> I found drivers on the Realtec site but the seem to be older than the
> alsa-project.org drivers and I'm not sure if they support the 89x chips.

Yes, it's compatible with ALC882 and supported by the upstream code
since long time ago.

Takashi