* ESI Maya44 Driver
@ 2009-03-17 18:38 Dany Svirsky
From: Dany Svirsky @ 2009-03-17 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi All,

This subject was disscused before, but it has been very long time without
any updates.
It been more then half a year since the patch is out.
Was someone able to contact Rainer?
If not what can be done to finally merge the patch?
Is it possible for someone to take over the development of the driver?

Thanks,
Dany

* Re: ESI Maya44 Driver
@ 2009-03-18 10:37 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-03-18 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dany Svirsky; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:38:53 +0200,
Dany Svirsky wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This subject was disscused before, but it has been very long time without
> any updates.
> It been more then half a year since the patch is out.
> Was someone able to contact Rainer?

Not I know of.  If someone has contact, let me know.

The patches are still available on sound-unstable git tree
topic/maya44 branch, thus included in alsa-driver-unstable tarball,
too.

> If not what can be done to finally merge the patch?
> Is it possible for someone to take over the development of the driver?

Without a proper sign-off, it can't be merged as is.
Also there are some issues to be fixed better before merge.
It was possible to merge at that time if Rainer could fix the further
issues.

If there is no progress in near future, I'll try to poke it around...

Takashi

* Re: ESI Maya44 Driver
@ 2009-05-08 14:33   ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-05-08 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dany Svirsky; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:37:37 +0100,
I wrote:

> > If not what can be done to finally merge the patch?
> > Is it possible for someone to take over the development of the driver?
>
> Without a proper sign-off, it can't be merged as is.
> Also there are some issues to be fixed better before merge.
> It was possible to merge at that time if Rainer could fix the further
> issues.
>
> If there is no progress in near future, I'll try to poke it around...

Since there is no progress regarding this, I hacked and almost
completely rewrote the code to support Maya44.

Dany, could you test alsa-driver-unstable snapshot tarball?
    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz

Note that this is generated from sound-unstable GIT tree which
contains the patches in topic/maya44 branch:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git

If the driver is confirmed to work, I'm going to merge the patches to
the upstream.

Thanks,

Takashi

* Re: ESI Maya44 Driver
@ 2009-05-08 20:02     ` Vedran Miletić
From: Vedran Miletić @ 2009-05-08 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel, Dany Svirsky

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:
> At Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:37:37 +0100,
> I wrote:
>>
>> > If not what can be done to finally merge the patch?
>> > Is it possible for someone to take over the development of the driver?
>>
>> Without a proper sign-off, it can't be merged as is.
>> Also there are some issues to be fixed better before merge.
>> It was possible to merge at that time if Rainer could fix the further
>> issues.
>>
>> If there is no progress in near future, I'll try to poke it around...
>
> Since there is no progress regarding this, I hacked and almost
> completely rewrote the code to support Maya44.
>
> Dany, could you test alsa-driver-unstable snapshot tarball?
>    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz
>
> Note that this is generated from sound-unstable GIT tree which
> contains the patches in topic/maya44 branch:
>    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git
>

> If the driver is confirmed to work, I'm going to merge the patches to
> the upstream.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Takashi

Were there any relevant changes for other ice1724 drivers that need to
be tested?

Vedran Miletić

* Re: ESI Maya44 Driver
@ 2009-05-09  6:54       ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-05-09  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vedran Miletić; +Cc: alsa-devel, Dany Svirsky

At Fri, 8 May 2009 22:02:28 +0200,
Vedran Miletić wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:

> >> Without a proper sign-off, it can't be merged as is.
> >> Also there are some issues to be fixed better before merge.
> >> It was possible to merge at that time if Rainer could fix the further
> >> issues.
> >>
> >> If there is no progress in near future, I'll try to poke it around...
> >
> > Since there is no progress regarding this, I hacked and almost
> > completely rewrote the code to support Maya44.
> >
> > Dany, could you test alsa-driver-unstable snapshot tarball?
> >    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz
> >
> > Note that this is generated from sound-unstable GIT tree which
> > contains the patches in topic/maya44 branch:
> >    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git
> >

> > If the driver is confirmed to work, I'm going to merge the patches to
> > the upstream.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Takashi
> >

> Were there any relevant changes for other ice1724 drivers that need to
> be tested?

There are slight changes, exports of some global functions and the
addition of own_routing flag.  But they must not change the behavior
of ice1724 models.

thanks,

Takashi

* Re: ESI Maya44 Driver
@ 2009-07-04 10:50     ` Patryk Krawczyk
From: Patryk Krawczyk @ 2009-07-04 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Dnia Fri, 08 May 2009 16:33:18 +0200
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> napisał(a):

> At Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:37:37 +0100,
> I wrote:
> >
> > > If not what can be done to finally merge the patch?
> > > Is it possible for someone to take over the development of the driver?
> >
> > Without a proper sign-off, it can't be merged as is.
> > Also there are some issues to be fixed better before merge.
> > It was possible to merge at that time if Rainer could fix the further
> > issues.
> >
> > If there is no progress in near future, I'll try to poke it around...
>
> Since there is no progress regarding this, I hacked and almost
> completely rewrote the code to support Maya44.
>
> Dany, could you test alsa-driver-unstable snapshot tarball?
>     ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz
>
> Note that this is generated from sound-unstable GIT tree which
> contains the patches in topic/maya44 branch:
>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git
>

> If the driver is confirmed to work, I'm going to merge the patches to
> the upstream.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Takashi

I can confirm that driver works. Sound is ok but mic input doesn't work for me.
Maybe this is problem with my configuration, I check it on monday.

Patryk Krawczyk