* HBR support on DP]
@ 2017-09-01  5:12 Subhransu S. Prusty
From: Subhransu S. Prusty @ 2017-09-01  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel, tiwai; +Cc: rakesh.a.ughreja

Hi Takashi/All,

On skylake platforms HBR audio works fine through over HDMI1.4, but not over
DP ports. Looking for information if anyone is aware of if HBR audio was
ever enabled/tested over DP ports? Is there any specific setting to be done
to play over DP using aplay?

Regards,
Subhransu

* Re: HBR support on DP]
@ 2017-09-01 13:47 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2017-09-01 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhransu S. Prusty; +Cc: alsa-devel, rakesh.a.ughreja

On Fri, 01 Sep 2017 07:12:05 +0200,
Subhransu S. Prusty wrote:

> Hi Takashi/All,
>
> On skylake platforms HBR audio works fine through over HDMI1.4, but not over
> DP ports. Looking for information if anyone is aware of if HBR audio was
> ever enabled/tested over DP ports? Is there any specific setting to be done
> to play over DP using aplay?

I don't know of the difference regarding HBR setup between HDMI/DP
from HD-audio POV.  It's just a pin control bit.

I guess the difference is rather in i915 graphics side?

Takashi

* Re: HBR support on DP]
@ 2017-09-04  4:12   ` Subhransu S. Prusty
From: Subhransu S. Prusty @ 2017-09-04  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel, rakesh.a.ughreja

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 03:47:55PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Sep 2017 07:12:05 +0200,
> Subhransu S. Prusty wrote:
> >
> > Hi Takashi/All,
> >
> > On skylake platforms HBR audio works fine through over HDMI1.4, but not over
> > DP ports. Looking for information if anyone is aware of if HBR audio was
> > ever enabled/tested over DP ports? Is there any specific setting to be done
> > to play over DP using aplay?
>
> I don't know of the difference regarding HBR setup between HDMI/DP
> from HD-audio POV.  It's just a pin control bit.
>
> I guess the difference is rather in i915 graphics side?

Not sure. Checking with graphics people as well.

Regards,
Subhransu