* NFS server export problem
@ 2003-10-19  6:06 Gobikrishnan Sundharraj
From: Gobikrishnan Sundharraj @ 2003-10-19  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfs

Hello,

I installed RedHat 9 on my system and I am trying to setup an NFS
server.

On the NFS client, I got the error:

"mount ... failed, reason given by server: permission denied"

and I have traced the problem to the "export" on the server.

On the server, the /proc/fs/nfs/exports does not show what I configured
to be exported (empty).

/etc/exports file has read permission for the root, and it has the
following entry:
/home/<user>/<dir>      a.b.c.0/24(rw, sync)

On the server, rpcinfo -p produces the following:
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp  32768  status
    100024    1   tcp  32768  status
    391002    2   tcp  32769  sgi_fam
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100021    1   udp  32776  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  32776  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp  32776  nlockmgr
    100011    1   udp    654  rquotad
    100011    2   udp    654  rquotad
    100011    1   tcp    657  rquotad
    100011    2   tcp    657  rquotad
    100005    1   udp    662  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    665  mountd
    100005    2   udp    662  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    665  mountd
    100005    3   udp    662  mountd
    100005    3   tcp    665  mountd

Everything seems to be fine and I don't know why the exports is not
working for me..

Can you please help?

Kernel version: 2.4.20-8
nfs-utils version: 1.0.5-1